Scrap Friends November Sketch Challege

Peacock Green

I've had some Peacock feathers laying around for a while now and not really been sure what to use them for then this challenge came along.

The November Scrap Friends Sketch Challenge.


I especially went and bought a feather stamp from Kaszazz just to do this challenge but I'm pretty sure I'll use it in other projects.

This is my take on the sketch.


I used my love of mixed media at the moment to create the background.


 The feather stamp is just perfect. After I stamped them, I coloured them with water colours, cut them out and lightly edged them with black distress ink.



 The number four is from Tim Holtz's Bingo pieces. They are normally red so I used some black gesso to very carefully change it's appearance.

In order, for the background, I used, Water colour paint then Dylusion spray then dictionary pages I crumpled up and glued down with a two part glue one part water solution and then texture paste on a circle stencil. I've also applied some black Ink stamping and lastly I sprinkled some Perfect Pearls.


Green is my favourite colour, so even if this was a disaster I'd still love it! My fingers are all green and shimmery. So cool :)

Cheers

Fiona


4 comments:

  1. The stamp was worth the buy - it looks fantastic! LOVE the green and your background effect. Luscious layout! Thank you for joining us at Scrap Friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zeneva. I love this sketch. I think I may have a "thing" for feathers now!

      Delete
  2. Love, love, love this layout. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is awesome... love that stamp and you page it awesome... thanks for playing at SF!

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx