My Happy Place - OUAS November Challenge

My Happy Place


I love a good challenge and Once Upon a Sketch November Challenge was a real treat. Nadia Cannizzo has created a fantastic layout that I really enjoyed following this month. The theme "My Happy Place" was such an easy choice for me as I'm sure it would be for many. I focused on our camper van fondly called "Turtle". Our T-Van is our special place and the best thing about it is that I could be set up in my own back yard or in the most remote part of Australia and it would be a happy place.

I stuck as close to the layout as I thought I should. My journalling is in a different place but overall it has a similar style to what Nadia was looking at achieving with this layout.


The background paper is from Kaisercrafts Duchess collection - Imperial. I've lightly sprayed Dylusions Ink - Squeezed Orange over a chevron 12x12 stencil followed by some white texture paste over a diamond 6x6 stencil. The whole base page is sprayed with Dylusions Ink - White Linen to tame the Squeezed Orange. I love the way this white spray reduces the vibrancy of the coloured sprays and turns them into pale versions of their original colour.


 A combination of Prima Flowers, a hand made paper flower using the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Bigz Die and a pair of Kaszazz chipboard butterflies make up the right hand side collection. I also poked some cheese cloth and vintage twine I collected from a second hand store into the gaps between the flowers.


My journalling is hand written. It's very rough as my hand writing is not that pretty. I've also added some doodling on the page with black marker.


The left side of the photo is trimmed with an old vintage watch face, hessian butterfly and large paper flower.


I really enjoyed creating this layout. I tried some different techniques and got my fingers inky which is always a good indicator of a fun creative time!


Thanks for popping by. Head on over and like my Pastiche Scrapbook Studio Face Book Page to receive regular updates on posts.

Cheers

Fiona

14 comments:

  1. Fiona this is such a pretty layout. How cool that you love your T-van... I think that it is wonderful that it can be your happy place pretty much wherever you are.... Gorgeous background page and I love the little flowers cluster. Thank you so much for playing along with us at OUAS this month, We would love you to load your layout onto our OUAS FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Once-Upon-A-Sketch/150044095058422?ref=hl . :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning lo Fiona, all the different textures you have love it and the orange not many people play with orange but you have and it is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fabulous page, Fiona!! What a great idea to use the white mist to tone down the bolder colors!! Your camper looks like a wonderful place to create amazing memories. So glad you included the journaling in your own hand!! Thanks for joining us for the October Once Upon A…Sketch Challenge and for posting your LO on our Facebook page! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really gorgeous take on this month's challenge Fiona!! Love all the textures and your background looks fabulous!! Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us at OUAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun layout! Nice flower clusters. Thanks for playing with us at OUAS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Fiona, this is gorgeous!!! Love the mixed media and beautiful flowers. Just stunning. P.s I came over from your post in Aussie Scrappers Society.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kaitlynne. I'm glad you like my design. I love Aussie Scrappers Society too :)

      Delete
  7. Beautiful textural background work on this one! really LOVE it! sweet clusters too. Remember my childhood summers in our family camper van, free as birds roaming everywhere. Thank you so much for sharing your work and happy spot with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Fiona, for your gorgeous LO being featured on the Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  9. This page is totally gorgeous!! Your textures are amazing!!! So glad you shared with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you everyone for your encouraging comments. I follow most of you on blogs, fb etc and you all do some pretty amazing work yourselves so your positive feedback really means a lot to me xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous take on the November OUAS sketch - thank you for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous layout with so much details. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx