White with One (Blueberry) November Challenge

My boy

White With One this month have joined with Charms Creations and Creative Scrappers to develop an awesome challenge. I don't often use blue in my designs, let alone blueberry. I contacted Charm and bought some blueberry bits to put into the layout. They are really well made and you can tell Charm puts a lot of love and care into each piece. The layout provided by Creative Scrappers seemed simple enough, that was until I started to put some papers onto the white page background, that's when I realised it was actually quite a challenge. The free digital download pack of blueberry created by Amy Prior, available on the WW1 blog page was a huge help.


This is what I came up with. I had packed all my bits and pieces in my little black carry bag. Carefully chosen the photo and printed off the download from WW1. I did all this because I was off on a camping trip and I love to scrapbook while I'm camping. I got to a beautiful relaxing spot, set up camp, got out my scrapbooking supplies I'd packed and realised I had forgotten to pack double sided tape!!! So this piece has been put entirely together using Gesso, and some glossy accents. Not bad I think.


I've had this photo of my son for a little while now. He's such a clown, he makes me laugh all the time. This is him wearing his sisters glasses. The look on his face sums him up in one! WALLY!



I couldn't wait to use this Marrakesh Chipboard Panel from Blue Fern Studios that I purchased the other week. Such an awesome pattern.


This beautiful chevron is handmade by Charms Creations. I've also used some plastic mesh and sequin mesh along with a Tim Holtz stamp Spill, Finnabair Checkered Clear Stamp along with her Prima Sunrise Sunset Checkered 12x12 stencil. I've also used my favourite "words" stamp, Tim Holtz stamp collection Going Somewhere


Dictionary pages layered with Gesso. Blueberry paper pieces edged with Black Soot distress ink.


Stamping up Mosaic Punch using the Blueberry digital download pack.


Love heart button from one of the Charms Creations embellishments. Some cotton circles.


Chip board pieces from the Marrakesh Panel covered with Blueberry patterned paper another of Charm Creations handmade pieces and it's done!

Thanks for checking in.

Pop on over to my Face Book page Pastiche Scrapbook Studio and check out my other creations.

Cheers

Fiona

I've added a stitch heart from the Charms Creations collection. I feel it helps to align the lo a little better. What do you think? 

Apologies for the quality of the photo. I took it on my phone.

11 comments:

  1. Wow! I love this! Absolutely gorgeous work! Thanks for joining us at WW1 this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries katie, so glad you like it. It was lots of fun :)

      Delete
  2. LOL I can't tell you what I'm more amazed by .. your fantastic layout or the fact that you did it whilst camping!!!!! Re the heart add on, I agree, it has grounded your layout, but to be honest I hadn't thought it needed it until I saw it IYKWIM. I love, love, love what you have done. Thanks so much for joining us at WW1 this month. I hope Off the Rails does go 'off the rails' (that's a good thing right?!) for you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alz. Yes scrapbooking while camping was a challenge to begin with but I'm getting really good at it now. Organisation is the key. I also hope "Off the Rails" goes off (yep, that's an encouraging comment). I can't wait for it to all get going :) Thanks for your kind words. Popped over to your blog..... love your work too I might add :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is friggin awesome Fiona! and to think you created this whilst CAMPING?? inspiring.. and love your resourcefulness.. gesso indeed!!
    totally love it!
    hope you play along with WW1 in the future.. your work rocks!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra. I'm glad you like my creation. It was fun to do and I'm definitely looking forward to doing more with WW1 :)

      Delete
  5. Love that you can scrap while camping and I imagine organisation is the key, thankyou for playing along with WW1

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is totally rocking babe, i'm loving all those elements. quirky pic and lush embellish ...
    Camping hey...ill leave that to you,you do amazing work in the outdoors :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous ... I love that you bought the embellies from Charm and downloaded the digi papers... makes what we do worthwhile ... thanks for taking part in this months White With 1 challenge and supporting our sponsors... love what you have done with the blueberry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!!! I adore this layout!! Absolutely fantastic work. Thanks so much for playing along this month at WW1. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a fun layout and man you are like the scouts version of a scrapper utilising your gesso as adhesive I totally would have given up so bravo to you! Glad my free printables helped you out your layout is simply breathtaking Το σχόλιό σας θα είναι ορατό μετά την έγκριση.

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx