Creative Scrappers November sketch challenge #256

Gorgeous

I wasn't going to do any more challenges this month and then I came across this awesome design and couldn't wait to give it a go.

Here is my take on the challenge sketch from Creative Scrappers No# 256


And some close ups.

I used a doily stencil with texture paste to make up a section of the sketch and then coloured it with Frayed Burlap distress Ink.
Some Prima vines and Kaisercraft wooden leaves sit nicely atop an upcycled old lace doily I picked up from a market. Here you can also see some handy work with a black felt tip pen. I just needed to bring the edge of this section out a little further.

I used my Kaszazz "Reason, Season, Lifetime" stamp. This is a beautiful text stamp. I made a half circle mask from scrap paper so that the image would come out round to match in with the style of the sketch and then stamped the top of it with the tip of a scroll stamp in Victorian Velvet Distress ink to make a scalloped edge also masking to help get the right shape.

I used lots of recycled bits in this project. The yellow hessian looking card stock is the backing card you get in packaging. this one is from some Prima Canvas resist strips I bought and I covered them with the acetate pictures that Tim Holtz uses to present his stamps. I've recently bought stamp holders and arranged all my stamps into usable themes so the result was that I had all these printed acetate pieces left over. Waste not want not!


I love this photo of my daughter with her pink ombre hair. Thank goodness for the teenage selfie and Instagram. If either didn't exist, I wouldn't have no where near as many photos of my adult kids to scrapbook as I do!! Every time I get the camera out they both disappear. My how they have changed.

xx

Fiona



No comments:

Post a Comment

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx