SATW Guest Designer for June

Hello again. Here I am as promised, with my second interpretation of Di Garling's beautiful June Mood Board over at Scrap Around the World. I was so lucky to be chosen as winner of the April challenge and super excited when they contacted me to be a Guest Designer for the month of June. I got straight to work creating this piece using Di's mood board.


Again it is a photo of my beautiful sister. This is her at work!! Yep her profession is acting. She always wanted to be a Vet or Journalist until her final year in school when her passion for acting really came to the forefront. She studied an Honors Degree in Performing Arts and has never looked back. She is a very talented and beautiful actor but I may be a little biased. The life of an actor however can be fraught with disappointment as you attend audition after audition followed by one rejection after another. So I decided to use my creative ability to show her how much I believe in what she is doing and to encourage her to NEVER give up!

I definately drew my inspiration from the LOVE in this mood board but also wanted to incorporate the grey and the stiped straws as I love the contrast they bring to the yellow.


The back ground piece is a lovely grey with white writing from the current "Cheeky Smiles" kit from over at Scrappy Chat Designs and the words on it are perfect for the inspiration I wanted to give to my sister. I added some little stars covered in silver Metallic Melts to represent her reaching for the stars.


The little Potty People represent her and I. Growing up with almost 10 years in age difference. I know she looked up to me and admired my strength and determination towards life but now the tables have turned and she has become my inspiration and keeps me reaching for the stars in my creative endeavours.


I also really enjoyed pulling out my crackle paint for this one. I haven't used it in such a long time and this project rejuvenated my love of the texture it creates.
The title "Never Give Up On Your Dream" was created by lots of different alphas and I love how it became the focus point of this layout.

Thank you so much for popping in and checking pout my creation. I hope you head on over to the  Scrap Around the World blog and look at entering the challenge.

Cheers

Fiona


3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed to see your recent blog posts - I add myself as a reader bc i don't want to miss any of your future creations! You have such amazing and unique style! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the Guest Design at SATW, fantastic layout! I love all the chipboard/wood embellies!

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx