Scrap Around the World November Challenge - Colourful

I've been busy getting my fingers all inky with this latest challenge from Scrap Around The World.



The inspiration from the mood board struck me immediately. I love the paint pouring from the tins, it makes me want to get my hands in there and moosh it all around (there's the child care educator coming out in me!). So I went with a spilled paint affect.

The colours are so vibrant and it's given me an opportunity to try out ALL of my Dylusions Sprays.


The layout is beautiful. I love the half circles. I imagined them as two rainbows on a rainy sunny day. I turned it around to suit what I wanted to create.


This is what I created.



And some close ups.
The 12x12 background paper is a new line from Kaszazz. It has a gloss resist pattern over a standard paper so when it's coloured the pattern resists and stands out.

 Most of the flowers I coloured using the Dylusions. The Half circles are hand drawn on by a medium tip black sharpie pen.

The background is made up of a selection of coordinating papers layered over a water colour painted rainbow.

The black leaves are simply cut out of some black card stock. I also coloured the cheese cloth to match the surrounding flowers along with (and it's a little hard to see) cotton silk thread in coordinating colours.


 I absolutely loved this challenge. These are not colours I have really played with in the past and I can't believe why I hadn't experimented with them before.


 Thanks for checking out my project and don't forget to pop over to my Facebook Page and give me a like. That way you can keep up to date with my creations.

Cheers

Fiona

11 comments:

  1. Just had to stop by and say how Gorgeous your page is Fiona....Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ladies. I really loved doing this page xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ! Wonderful page....you have definitely embraced the mood board and the sketch . I love how you have used your colours and also the effect of the resist paper looks fantastic. Thanks so much for playing along and "getting inky and colourful" at SATW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow beautiful LO and take on the mood board! love the rainbow colors!! thanks for joining us at SATW!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout. Love how vibrant your colours are and love the design..... Thanks for sharing with us at SATW :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ladies. Your comments are very encouraging xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous rainbow page! So glad you enjoyed playing along with us at SATW. Any page where you can use ALL of your Dylusions has just got to be good I say! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely page & great take on our sketch too! Thanks for playing at SATW :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow love this so Cool !!!
    Thanks so much for playing at challenge at SATW!!

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx