My Second 2Crafty Share for April

I'm baaaaack!
Here again sharing with you my second 2Crafty Chipboard piece for April.

"Pretty Much Perfect"


The background paper already came like this, with the water colour markings, pretty cool hey?


I have been practising my boy layouts and I've been incorporating the "Chicken Wire Barbed Small" on some of them. I just think you can't go wrong with this on a masculine layout. It then allows you to add some more traditionally feminine pieces as well. Kind of a counter balance so to speak.


Spatters were also a must. So a layer of gesso, some stamping and then some paint spatters pretty much make up the whole background!!! I also used the triangle stamp given to us as part of our goody bag at E2C. I have bought some easy carve, I'm just waiting for it to turn up! and then I'm going to give hand carving some stamps a go eeeekkkkk!



All of the chippies on this layout have simply been painted with black gesso except for the "Twiggy Branch" one which is painted white. I didn't want anything too dark against the grey and white of the phtoto. if it was placed behind, I think it would have worked as black but seeing that it's in the foreground, it looks nicer in the white.


Oh! my boy was soooo cute when he was little. He still is now, he just has facial hair LOL!

Until next time
Cheers
Fiona

3 comments:

  1. Another wonderful layout! Love the layers under your photo, and cute photo too! Chicken wire is good on pretty much any layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fiona,
    Your masculine layout is just gorgeous and stands out so perfectly against the awesome background. I like the white/blacks against the background. And, your little boy is totally adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your boy is so sweet and you have created the perfect boy layout here (I agree about the chicken wire) great design, love the splatters and the black and white chippies, I love it :)

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx