SODAlicious Challenge April

I try hard every month to find the time to enter at least one challenge and this month I couldn't go past the SODAlicious #16 SODAsketch. I am going through a minimalist phase at the moment and this sketch just spoke to me. And I've been dying to use some more of my SODAlicious papers I purchased the other week. 

This is what I came up with.

And here is the sketch.


See nice and simple ......except ...... simple, is actually very hard to do!!!

I agonised over this for sometime. I knew I wanted to use orange, that was a good start! and i knew I wanted to paint a square ...... but that was about the limit of my planning!


This photo of my beautiful and crazy daughter was perfect for this sketch. The background piece is Light Sky from the "Journey" collection. I've also used shards from the "Who Lives Here" Mini paper collection and the "Pencil Lines" collection. I absolutely love their designs!


My title is a combination of a wooden veneer word, a coloured rub on, some letter thickers and the SODAlicious cosy black alphas.


I had fun adding some really quirky embellishments. From an actual leaf to this adorable little woodland owl sticker. I think it's a Fancy Pants one but don't quote me on that.

You can check out the SODAlicious blog HERE. The design team are AMAZING! I love their creative style. It's so carefree and crazy! My kind of scrapping.

Thanks for popping by
xx

17 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhh I love this Fi! Your daughter's funky style suits your funky scrapping style perfectly! I love your simpler look too. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! loving it and the leaf! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes the leaf is cool. I found a whole heap of them so they'll be appearing in my creations for a while LOL

      Delete
    2. I get the same when i find something cool ;d

      Delete
  3. This looks amazing, love the white space and that photo is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a real card Lizzy and such a beautiful daughter both in and out. I'm very blessed, thank you

      Delete
  4. I adore SODAlicious...& you've made the pp sing here - the Orange is perfect:)!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lizzy. I've grown to love orange thanks to Kaity's addiction to coloring her hair like this for so many years now LOL

      Delete
  5. When I receive an e-mail that you have a new blog post up - I always zoom over here to check it out. You are always able to design amazing layouts - and I have not seen one of your projects that I did not love. I look at this awesome layout and wonder how you are able to pull different elements together so they look perfect around the adorable picture of your daughter. If I tried this - it would disjointed. Your layout and elements all fit together perfectly. Thanks for sharing and amazing with your art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh WOW Kathy! you are too kind my lovely friend. I am so honored to have you commenting on my posts. You make my heart smile xxx thank you

      Delete
  6. Another fabulous creation Fiona. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so arty and eclectic - the perfect layout for the quirky photo. I'm not usually an orange fan, but since doing Kim's gorgeous class at e2c, I've become a devotee. Especially like the orange embellie at the top. Thanks for the inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had to be an orange fan Helen, ever since my babies were born they've both got red hair! Kaity just enhances hers with a bottle LOL

      Delete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx