Off the Rails Scrapbooking New challenge for April

April already my dears!!! Which means a new challenge over at Off the Rails Scrapbooking. This month we have two mood palettes and I've chosen to go with the masculine one for this layout.


And here is the mood palette I created.


I definitely focused on the colours for my inspiration but also the mirror balls and the saying "Explore Life".

I recently purchased some papers from SODAlicious. LOVE THEM!!! and I thought they were perfect for this modern looking board. this one is called "Broken Lines" from the Pencil lines collection.

I incorporated some cutout circles to represent the string of circles on the mood palette. I sewed them into place with my sewing machine. They are all made separately. Some by gluing glitter on to them. One of the black ones is cut from corrugated card and they all have a light smearing of white gesso on them.

The background was created by simply wiping green acrylic paint across the paper where I wanted it and then once it was dry, I stencilled over it using modelling paste.

I've been practising my boy pages as I'm not very confident with them but this one I really love. Now I just need some more pictures of my boy!!

4 comments:

  1. This looks amazing, love the mood palette, fabulous creating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lizzy. Something a bit different for me :)

      Delete
  2. Hah! Good luck with getting the photos of your boy....although I've found FB nicking them comes in WAY handy.......you've done a superb job with this one...looooove the greens - SODAlicious papers rock, too.....really looks great:):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lizzy - yeah photos are getting harder and harder to come by! This one was a bit different for me .... practicing my boy LO's ;) yep LOOOOOOVE SODAlicious!

      Delete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx