Little Canvas

Hello. Just a quick little post to share with you my little canvas I made for my Off the Rails Scrapbooking tutorial. I've been going through the colour wheel with members, showing them all the different ways to combine colour. This time the tutorial was all about "Monochromatic" colour schemes.



So I made this little mixed media canvas to demonstrate how to use such a colour scheme.


I used Gesso, LOTS of Gesso, some water colour Inks and Colour Spray Mists along with a small collection of paper flowers and a gathering of embellishments, the feature of them being the little Prima resin frame.


I've given this to my Aunty as she's just recently built a new home and I thought it would make a lovely house warming gift, hence the title "Home Sweet Home".


I do love the monochromatic style. I use it often, especially in my White With One challenge entries. Well Like I said, just a quick one from me this time.

I hope you enjoyed it.

Cheers

Fiona xx

9 comments:

  1. Really, REALLY lovely...gorg pressie, too.....I'm a big fan of mono...but don't do it so often...it looks stunning in the pink tones:):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzy. I think we forget the mono is an easy pleaser sometimes. Should pull it out more often!

      Delete
  2. wow girl! just floored with all that gorgeous textures and sweet candy colours, love that feather....what a beautiful gift! just love it! I saw that color wheel tut, going to go and read it, love how you are sharing such interesting info...hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thanks Lisa. I'm a teacher in real life so it's seems to be the natural thing for me to do. I just hope people get some useful info from my ramblings lol xxoo back at ya :)

      Delete
  3. Stunning. The amazing textures, selection of embellies with beautiful pink. So happy it looks. A lovely new home gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kripa. My Aunty was very thrilled when I gave it to her. That's what I love about scrapbooking, it can be so useful as a quick go to gift lol

      Delete
  4. absolutely amazing Fiona - the colours are gorgeous!!! <3 xo Charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charmane. Not my usual style but I love it all the same xx

      Delete
  5. Totally FABULOUS Fiona. I love love love it. Cheers Di

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx