Shabby Chic "Best of Friends"

Best of Friends


This is a piece I finished at the Tasmanian scrapbook camp last year(2012). I was posting all the latest one's I'd done and remembered about this one. I have it framed and hanging in my scrap room.

 
I've used many different flowers on this layout. Material, paper and crocheted. The one in the top left hand corner I made myself. I've also used lots of recycled pieces such as the music paper from an old music book and the square clock face from an old watch.
 
I've also added some chipboard pieces from Prima and Kaisercraft and trimmed the edges with a Martha Stewart edge punch.


The word "Friendship" is spelt out in scrabble tiles and put together on a simple banner of triangles cut out and edged.

Little pieces of bling I've collected here and there, a stamp from my old stamp collecting days finish off the corner piece.

I love looking back at my older pieces and seeing how much my style has changed. This is only 12 months old and yet my scrapbooking now looks very different.

PRODUCTS USED

KAISERCRAFT
 
MARTHA STEWART
 
TIM HOLTZ
 
PRIMA
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Fiona!
    I love this layout! I'm writing a blogpost for a new website about using crochet flowers in scrapbook layout and I would love to use your layout as an example. Would you please give permission to me to use your photos? You will, of course, get full credit and I will link to your website.
    Looking forward to hear from you!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx