Graphic 45 Olde Curiosity Shoppe

The one that didn't get away

 
Fishing and camping is a favourite tradition in our family. This is one of those magical moments when I happened to have the camera out just at the right time. Of course when you capture such a great photo, the only thing to do is Scrap it! So I did. The majority of the patterned papers I used were from Graphic 45 Olde Curiosity Shoppe. It's such a pity these papers are hard to get now because they have been discontinued but if you're lucky you'll come across some in your travels. I'm holding on to the very last of mine until I find just the right project. Other patterned papers I used were from Kaiser Craft in particular Miss Match 12x12 perforated specialty - Goodie and Kaszazz Timeless collection Clay Flourish (flip side) on page 73 of their catalogue as my backing page. I've stamped some butterflies onto the background page using the distress ink old paper. It gives a light watermark affect.


On the bottom of the layout I created a banner of tags cut out from the different patterned paper pieces strung along a piece of brown string. Every tag is distressed and edged using frayed Burlap Distress Ink.
 
I've also cut out a key and lock from Tim Holtz's mini lock and key movers and shapers die. I cut them out of some leather from an old satchel. This goes to prove how tough the dies are as this leather is quite thick. The brown string is held in place with staples and thread through eyelets put into some of the tags.
 
 
 
In the top right hand corner I've placed a couple of butterflies. One cut from Tim Holtz,s Mini Butterflies movers and shapers die and one fussy cut from the Graphic 45 papers. I've also added some flowers from the Prima range. The side of the page is edged with a half hexagon.

 
The bottom left hand corner is also decorated with Prima flowers and a Old Paper distress ink stamped butterfly.

Some hexagons covered in patterned paper from a free printables page to match the overall layout, a moth stamped in the old paper distress ink and some coordinating flowers from Prima set off the corner of the photo placement.
 
 
 
The Soft background mixed with the splashes of colour from the patterned papers really sets off this story of photos. Three photos on a page doesn't often leave much room for design extras but I feel, even though this page is busy, it doesn't detract from the excitement of the moment portrayed in the photos.
 
Happy Scrapping
 
 

Fiona





No comments:

Post a Comment

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx