Australian Out Back Beauty

A Simply Beautiful Place

I'm very blessed. I live in a beautiful country, a sun burnt country, a land of sweeping plains.

Dorathea Mackeller puts it so eloquently in here poem

 "My Country"

Core of my heart, my country!
 Land of the rainbow gold, 
For flood and fire and famine
 She pays us back threefold. 
Over the thirsty paddocks,
Watch, after many days,
The filmy veil of greenness
That thickens as we gaze ... 


This page is dedicated to my beautiful country, Australia.


The splats are created by using Distress Ink. I love this affect and chose the colours to represent the yellow sand and blue oceans.

I coloured wire flower stems with black Alcohol Ink Markers to add some dimension and to represent the broken and black limbs from a burnt tree after one of our devastating bushfires.

Twine is wrapped around the photo. This symbolises my ties to my country. 

Washi tape and a collection of stamps help guide the shape of the layout along with many layers of different textures from black tuille material to wooden swirls. I also put together a stamped clock that I distressed and added a metal gear and large diamante on to, then backed with gathered washi tape to create a flower shape.

The simple word "Delightful" says it all.

I hope you have enjoyed viewing this layout. It's a real beauty!!

Cheers


Fiona

No comments:

Post a Comment

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx