Kaiser Craft Miss Match Mini Drawers

Make sure you follow Pastiche Scrapbook Studio on face book to be updated every time I blog and have projects for sale. It's also a good place to find fantastic, exciting and innovative ways to scrapbook :)

Little Iddy Bitty Drawers


I picked up these little Kaiser Craft Mini Drawers from the Kaiser Craft factory Outlet in Geelong a little while back. Happens to be one of my favourite scrapbook stores. It's very funny listening to me and Sandi scheming a reason to go through Geelong on our camping holidays! This was my first Kaiser beyond the page piece and I enjoyed it so much I've done many since. My most useful would be the spinning craft caddy. it sits in the middle of my craft table, within easy reach and holds all my essentials. As recent as last weekend, I completed a set of the Turntable drawers to put all my bits and pieces in.

I themed this little project "Tea Time" and used the Kaiser Craft Miss Match paper pack. I love the colours in this range, the cornflower blues in particular are a favourite of mine.



The left top is decorated with a little picnic basket full of tiny flowers, a menu, written on a tag from the coordinating collectables pack and a tiny cup and saucer from a doll house set, sitting on a paper doily also from the collectables pack. I filled the bottom of the basket with some pink satin cloth and a piece of lace to build it up. I also added a little rectangle clock face to symbolise the "Time" element of the project. 


The right top is embellished using some more of the Miss Match collectables. When ever I purchase Kaiser Craft paper packs, I always try to grab a packet of the collectables that match. This way you're guaranteed you'll have coordinating embellishments. I've added a fussy cut butterfly, tiny flowers and a Tea pot charm to stay with the tea time theme. The little green twists are made simply by twirling the green wire stems, that come with your flowers, around a thin stick. I use the handle of my Kaiser Craft .file set. Every thing is edged in brushed Corduroy Distress Ink, even the edges of the drawers wooden frame.

The front of the drawers are covered in the Miss Match paper and embellished with different little bits I had lying around. The drawers have pull cut outs but I felt they needed little handles to accentuate that they were drawers, so I glossy accented on some mini epoxy brads. All of the boxes are lightly edged with Brushed Corduroy. I do this with most of my pieces. It stops them form looking too sharp, helps the paper blend with the paint edge.

This piece is for sale for $35.00 plus postage. It would make a lovely gift packed full of different flavoured tea bags or kept on a dressing table for storing earrings and rings in. Maybe you would like it just for yourself. It would be great for putting little embellishments into in your scrap room.

If you are interested, pop over to my face book page "Pastiche Scrapbook Studio" and comment SOLD in the comments section of this blog post and I'll PM you for payment and delivery details. I've thought about having an Etsy page, maybe that's a job for me when I find some spare time!


Cheers

Fiona


No comments:

Post a Comment

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx