Jo's Family (Kaszazz Tassie Camp Competition)

Winner of the Tassie Kaszazz Camp (Rocktober) Layout Challenge

As is usually the case at many of the camps I attend, there is a layout competition available to enter. This was my entry for the Tasmania Kaszazz camp I attended recently. Because I had flown over to Tasmania, I was limited to what I could take so I had planned my projects meticulously right down to the exact embellishments I would need to the corresponding inks required for each project (15 kg luggage limit). So when it came to any of the challenges, I didn't have my usual stash of "Goodness Knows What" available to draw on. 
Luckily it was a Kaszazz camp, and you were restricted to using only Kaszazz products incorporating something from the challenge pack they had given everyone at the beginning of the camp, plus the camp was full of Kaszazz consultants. So I begged, stole and borrowed what I could. Of course that was not a problem at all because they are such a great bunch of craft loving ladies. The problem was that I didn't have any photos for the layout. I know you can create a layout with any photos but I found my interest in the challenge limited due to the fact that I couldn't envisage what I might use the layout for after I had created it.
So I stole someones photos too! 
These are Jo's beautiful girls with their Nan (Jo's mum). Because the photos are hers, the layout is also hers. It was a privileged to create and exactly what I am trying to promote as part of my Studio. Commissioned pieces, just like you would from an Artist. I'm determined to get scrapbooking known as a true art and not simply cutting and gluing as most people consider it. The pieces I create can be framed and displayed as art on the walls of a home or even one day maybe in a gallery as a featured exhibition!
All the products I have used are from the Kaszazz range. The background paper is "Lady Bug".  The patterned paper is Terrace Garden "Blooms"  both found on page 9 of their catalogue.
Butterfly stamps on page 11 of the Kaszazz Catalogue coloured with Kaszazz Alcohol Ink Markers on page 188 adorn the edges of the piece. I love these markers and have found that with practice I've began to understand their properties and how they blend and work together.


Silhouette family stamp (page 28) is used to create the terrace garden Blooms family cut out. I stamped on the opposite side and fussy cut it out, flipped it over, edged it with Black Soot Distress Ink and stuck it down.
A  combination of torn patterned paper, black gesso (pg 228), strips of left over mounting card, washi tape (pg 200), some black waxed twine (pg 205) and a random spray of White Linen Dylusions Spray Ink (pg 192) make up the decorative panels on each page.
The background is stamped with black Memento Ink using Moroccan tile un-cut set on page 13 of the Kaszazz catalogue and "Our Family" un-cut set on page 24.
"Family" was cut from the Fonts "Delight Roman" Die (pg 220) and placed in position on top of a black gesso background then sprayed over with White Linen Dylusions Ink Sprays (pg 192) then gently lifted off to create a masked affect. The Honeycomb stencil (pg 230) was used as a mask, blended with Black Soot Distress Ink and then flipped over, painted directly on to with black gesso and pressed down over the blended area as a sort of rough stamp.

P.S. While browsing the Kaszazz catalogue, check out page 11, cards created by me and page 68, layout created by me and winner of the Kaszazz layout challenge at scrapbook get away 2013. My very first published work ever.

I really enjoyed creating this layout for Jo. Now that I've blogged it, as promised, it goes to her.

Special thanks Jo for your inspiration xxx

Cheers

Fiona

No comments:

Post a Comment

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx