Christmas Configuration Box (Tim Holtz)

I have recently spent a fantastic weekend in Tasmania with some of the Kaszazz team. Lee, Mel and Lissa organised a scrapbooking getaway in the beautiful Tasmanian wilderness. While I was there I completed quite a few projects. This one is actually the last one I did for the weekend. I had only intended to "start" this project but it actually came together a lot easier than I'd thought. 

I began by coating each box with Gesso. Only lightly as I wanted the brown of the boxes to still show through a little to give it a rustic feel. I also covered the inside sides of selected boxes with some old dictionary pages coloured with gathered twigs distress ink. These old pages are thin like tissue paper and crinkle really well when stuck down with a wood glue and water mixture and then a coat over the top.
Each little compartment is adorned with trinkets I've collected over the years. Some are scrapbook embelishments, some are simply bits and pieces of Christmas decorations and some are dolls house pieces I pick up at Garage sales and the likes.
I used some of Kaszazz's Christmas papers to back each box. I'm not sure what they're called and I'm blogging on my tablet so it's a bit tricky to add links like I usually do, in fact it's a bit tricky to blog full stop so I apologise in advance for any mistakes.
I haven't got all the close up photos, I thought I'd loaded them up but apparently not! So I'll add them when I can.Most of the bought products I've used are Tim Holtz, Kaiser Craft and Prima. 




More close ups as promised.




No comments:

Post a Comment

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx