7 Dots Studio DT Video Tutorial

Hello world! As promised here is my tutorial for 7 Dots Studio for the month. I have used the gorgeous Nature Walk collection. Every time I use these papers I end up with one of my favourite creations. I love the natural design, it brings out the earth fairy in me!

"Imagine"


I've scrapped a beautiful picture of my girl Kaity. Her orange hair and pale skin lend themsleves to earthy colours. I fin I do a lot of orange layouts having two red headed children! Good thing I like orange.
I used the clear stamp flower bunch from the "Thoughts Keeper" range to extend the design. It is such a versatile set. It can be applied to just about any project. I use it all the time.
I've created a process video for you to watch too. It shows how the page comes together layer by layer.


I never really had a plan with this layout. It sort of just created itself. I love it when they do that. they often turn out to be my favourites.

7 Dosts Studio products used

Nature Walk "Songbird"
Nature Walk "Winged Vines"
Thoughts Keeper clear stamps

Other products used

Indigoblu stamp Big butterfly
Tim Holtz Distress inks
13Arts chalk sprays
Prima flowers and leaves
Kaiser blooms
Heidi Swapp die cut word Imagine
Imaginarium Designs brass embellishments

14 comments:

  1. This is marvelous Fiona, simply breathtaking! I adored the oversized butterfly! Thank you for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, absolutely beautiful! I'm so glad that you joined 7 Dots Studio DT, Fiona! You totally deserve it!!! Much love from Greece! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fiona,
    I love your beautiful layout, as well as all the beads, wings, and butterflies. Your daughter is really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely Stunning Finally, you know I adore your work . xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely Stunning Finally, you know I adore your work . xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so nailing the 7 Dots DT work Fi. This is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning layout! Love the use of the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really stunning this layout, I so love this grungy, earth-toned look. Loved the tutorial! Thank you for sharing your talent with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is amazingly gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness. That is just fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness. That is just fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG this is stunning, I love love the orange/rust/earth colours, that butterfly is breath-taking with those beautiful oranges and the beads? marvelous work...you are an inspiration xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your video was fab too...you are getting so good at those! thanks for sharing Fiona, sigh...what I wouldn't do to take a class with you!?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx