Starting From the Same Place

What a RUSH!!

I put my name down on an interested list on Facebook one day, a few days later a little package turns up, later that month I make time to create a little something from the little package and now here I am blogging about it with 59 other amazing artists all thanks to Tina Walker!!



This has been an amazing collaboration .... not only has it stretched my creative rubber band but it has also connected me with so many other amazing artists from all over the world!
When the little package arrived and a took a peak inside, I have to say a little bit of wee came out!! When i saw the combination of textiles and ephemera I knew it was meant to be. I had been dreaming about a little textile wall hanging that I had wanted to try for a few months now but not known where to start .... this gave me the start I needed.


And so began my obsession with textile Mixed media wall hanging!!

This one .... is my first, even though you have seen 2 before this. I made this one for the collaboration and i was so happy with the process that I then made another one .... and another one ..... and wait .... there will be more LOL!

 My package was slightly different from the one pictured above. My ephemera view finder packaging was pink not blue but I love that because it goes really well with the green material.


I received a butterfly rather than a dragon fly but I think it looks perfect either way. I totally grunged up my butterfly too LOL

 The word on my little card was path ..... as if it was chosen JUST for me .... a path of discovery was what I was definitely on ... so my title became "Find Your Path".

I am so excited to be sharing this collaboration with you. You must pop on over and see all of the other creations and on Tina's blog because her creations (yes she did two!) are friedcake AMAZEBALLS!!!  I'm going to add the link later because at the moment blogger has decided to play up!!

A huge thank you to the sponsors of the project:

17 comments:

  1. Totally love this Fiona ...you are pretty AMAZEBALLS youreslf .. hugz <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE this! I really love how you used those electrical pieces. Now I want to make a wall hanging...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so unique! I love that you made a wall hanging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great hanging piece, love the pink with the gold splashes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful piece! Love the pinks and reds and the metallic vs/ natural elements you incorporated in your collage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love LoVe LOVE this!!! The small wall hanging is a perfect fit for the bits and pieces you so beautifully put together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love LoVe LOVE this!!! The small wall hanging is a perfect fit for the bits and pieces you so beautifully put together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very unique and creative wall hanging!! Really love the branch!!! Thanks so much for incorporating my stencil design into your creation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very creative really love that you created a wall hanging. Love the mixed media look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! I am amazed by the different creations with the basically same set of goodies. LOOOOVE this idea. Looks totally gorgeous & those textural layers behind your words....FABULOUS :):)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, love your project 😍😍 gorgeous! So glad we got to create together in this collab 😊

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fiona! This wall hanging is awesome!! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this hanging and really enjoyed the repeating nature of the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fiona your hangings are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this! your work is awesome~

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx