WW1 March Challenge Entry

Latte

Again White With One has come to the challenge blog party with their amazing colour challenge .... LATTE!

I was so excited when I saw this colour that my brain immediately began scheming what to create. Last month was grape, which for many is a lovely colour. Maybe just not for me but latte on the other hand. Latte I can do! hey I'm not saying my attempt at purple (sorry Grape lol) was bad or anything, It's just not a favourite colour of mine and we all know how much easier it is to scrap the colours we love.



That's why I do these challenges. 


Because they stretch my creative ability. I was really going to enjoy creating a latte layout, it wasn't really going to be so challenging as say Tangerine or Grape so I upped the difficulty and went camping with my scrap gear!


This is Lake Ratzcastle near Edenhope in Victoria. A beautiful little spot for camping and scrapping. The weather was perfect and so I set myself up on a picnic table in front of the Lake and scrapped all morning.



As you can see from the step by step pictures, I layered my background first with modelling paste over a circle stencil then water colour, then modelling paste with the same stencil over the water colour and then finally Distress Ink rubbed over another stencil. You must allow each step to dry thoroughly before trying to do the next step. This was not a long wait in the sunshine but at home it may take a couple of hours. You can use a heat gun to speed up the process but it will inevitably buckle your paper.

I also modified some of my embellishments to coordinate with the latte colour. This ornamaental frame from "Merci" is pewter, which is lovely but not going to suit my layout. So I gesso it and then colour it with the water colours I am using on the background so it all ties in.


I hadn't intended to use feathers on this layout but during my morning walk of the Lake I collected a small amount of them so they inadvertently became part of the creation but again I coloured them to coordinate with the layout. I used Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.




I always love to add black script stamping to all of my lay outs. It's a thing I do ...... this is one of my favourites from Kaszazz (pg 106), it's called "Reason, Season, Lifetime" and even though you don't get to really read the words on the page, they are some of the best I've ever read.


I added some little paper flowers that I picked up in Cheap as Chips that are made from brown paper and have little wooden buttons in their middle. Peeeerrrrfect! and I also addded some Kaiser Craft wooden flourish.


 The butterly is from a "Stampin Up" set. I stamped it onto the back of some brown card and edged it with "Gathered Twiggs" Distress Ink. I also added a cut doily coloured with the water paints and a 2Crafty chipboard little doily that I painted with white gesso.


I love the way this page turned out and even more so I love how and where I got to make it.
Thank you WW1 again for your amazing inspirational challenges.

Cheers

Fiona

If you want to keep up to date with my challenge entries and Design team creations, you can follow me on face book HERE xx






15 comments:

  1. Definitely your colour, stunning photo too. Love the way you have added your own touch to the embellishments, the layers on the background and how you have buildt it all together until it is perfectly balanced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how you modifying your embellishments is AWESOME.This is SOOOOooo AMAZING...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning...totally LOOOVE that little Merci frame.....i really love this colour combo, too...the grape they can toss away, as far as I'm concerned, too:):) LOOOOVE your 'scrappy space':):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this is amazing! i love all the photos showing your steps you took.. fabulous photo too.. love this..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Amazing layout and amazing location to scrap in! Love all your details and process. Thanks for joining us at WW1.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Fiona I would love to feature your layout in the april issue of Australian scrapbookers and crafters online magazine. if your interested please email me as sascrappers@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go You , every piece so masterful. *sighhhhh, such great backgrounds and layering .utterly beautiful details..
    i love the play you have with your pix.
    * something special about your work area too..mother nature is such pure inspiration.
    BIG Thanks for joining in with the WW1 monthly challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness... your layout is amazing.... just WOW. What a beautiful scrapping location too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your layout is beautiful! Congratulates your talent :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is stunning! And I can't believe you made it at such a picturesque location! I'm green with envy.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!! such a rich latte colour. Stunning. Love your camping activity and what a view. Thankyou for playing along with WW1

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know how I missed this Fiona!!! It is simply stunning. Wow!!!!!! Can't wait to see what you do with our current colour at WW1!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your win at White with Latte it is a stunning layout. Camping is definitely a key to great layouts, relaxation and inspiration. lol. Love scrapping with you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks guys, your comments are very encouraging. <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your win... please email me
    http://whitewith1.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/winnerslatte.html

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx