White With One Challenge for August

I've been so busy this month that I haven't had a chance to enter any challenges. But White With One have done it again! They have captured my imagination hook, line and sinker. When I saw their colour for August was "Liquorice" I had to have a go and so I managed my DT schedules so I clould fit this layout in amongst them. I incorporated it in with my 2Crafty Chipboard DT work.


The background is a 12x12 piece of water colour card stock from Kaszazz. I love this card because it takes the water colours I often use on my backgrounds really well. This time I used black water colour. It was a very tense few moments as I carefully added each layer as it's such a strong colour and I wasn't sure what it would turn out like. But the results were striking!


My next layer was to add some grid tape over the water colour to create the first black and white contrast. Then I added black gesso through the "Spinning Top" stencil from TCW. I used a stipple brush to do this as I didn't want to give the gesso a chance to bleed and spread uncontrollably over the page.
The next layer was some white modelling paste through a Stencil from TCW called "Cubism". My new currently favourite stencil!


I tilted it for a different affect. The 2Crafty chipboard pieces I incorporated were "Soft Feathers", "Pen Nibs", "Circle Revolution" and the title "What you see is what you get". I connected the pen nibs to the feathers to create quills and embossed them with black and white embossing ink.


The title I simply painted black. It comes in one whole piece so I trimmed it to fit onto my layout where I wanted it to go. The circle was also embossed with white embossing powder which makes it shine beautifully. Love the glossy affect.


The last step was to add some stamping. I decided to stick with the crosses theme and using black archival ink, rolled a Glitz Designs Giant Roller Doodle stamp. To bling it up, I added some black half round gems.




Well done White With One. You've hit the jackpot with this choice. LOVE IT!

Thanks for popping by and checking out my creation.
Cheers





4 comments:

  1. Naaah....it's YOU who has hit the jackpot creating this one! And it has feathers on it! And heat embossing.....LOOOOOOVE the way you've incorporated the chippy:) And the nibs are sensational!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this layout. Its just so beautiful! The little thumbnail on the WW1 website was enough to make me want to take a closer look. I love the depth of your creation and thank you for sharing the process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your background and your layering. Those pen nibs are way too cool. Thanks for playing along with WW1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous page, and I love that roller stamp! Thanks for joining us at WW1.

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx