Guest Designer over at Charms Creations

Hi guys. I am so excited to share with you my Guest Design spot over at Charms Creations. I have been an avid fan of Charmane's for some time now. She is originally from my home town and I first saw her incredible creations at our local market. I bought some beautiful hand made flowers from her and still use them to this very day. I've kept them as part of my "special" stash, you know those bits and pieces that are so precious that you hold on to them for a long time until just the right project turns up! Yeah we all have those!

So when Charmane contacted me and asked me to Guest Design for her I almost fell off my chair! Ummmm yeah of course I will LOL. What an honour xx. In fact it was Charmane's mum, Bronny, who got me addicted to mixed media and art journalling when I attended one of her classes. She showed us how to bind our own Art Journal and I've never looked back since.

So this is what I've created for Charmane. I used the heart and map marker in the coffee. I love this combination of colours.



I find the earthy colours so easy to work with and I love them combined with the blue. The back ground paper is from The Seashore collection from Prima and is called Sea Shell. It is in the up and coming August kit from Scrappy Chat Designs released on the 21st August.


I've combined lots of mixed media onto this layout from stencilling with modelling paste, stamping with Distress Ink, blending with a stencil and Distress Ink, Dylusion Sprays flicks and embossing with Metallic Melts from the Tinby Designs embossing powder range.


My favourites from the Charms Creations range would have to be the "Book Pages" elements. Any thing to do with book pages is AWESOME in my mind!


But I also love the little Butterfly Runners. I've used these a couple of times on my projects. they add a real sweet element to the page.

 I'm also really partial to the chevrons (any colour) and any of the hearts. As you can see they work on any page. I've been lucky enough to have won some challenges that Charms Creations sponsor and a giveaway once that Charm was running (such a generous soul xx), so now I have a nice little collection in m stash, however there is always room for more *wink wink*

Thank you for popping and and checking out my post. Catch you next time
Cheers




2 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I love her embellies too - they are SOOOOO original! You've done an awesome job with them here.....LOOOVE that colour combo & the amazingly textured bg, as always.....is DROOLicious:):)

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx