Off the Rails July Challenge DT Inspiration

"Love This"

Over at Off the Rails Scrapbooking this month the challenge is based on a beautiful colour palette. This is my interpretation.


And here is the colour palette. Such a beautiful rich colour combination.


My layout has a watercolour background with stamping and blending with ink through a stencil.


The stencil I've used is a favourite of mine. It's from Studio Calico and called "Circle Graph". I placed it over the watercolour background once it had dried and blended some Distress Ink over it.


The harlequin stamp is a small one that I find very handy that comes from the Tim Holtz Artistry selection of clear stamps. This one in particular is from the set "French Market".


I've also added some red cotton under my photos to add texture to the layout.


The circles are the inserts from the 6" Clock face Frames from 2Crafty Chipboard. Waste not want not! I simply painted them with red watercolour paint to match the colour palette.


The embellishments are pretty much just made from scraps I had lying in my scraps basket. I just love how this all came together. I didn't really have a plan to begin with but as it developed I could see where I was going with it and I'm really pleased with the end result.

The prize this month is a fantastic selection of goodies donated by our very own DT member Rachael Funnell.



I love working with a colour palette. It gives me some direction right from the start. Pop on over to the Off the Rails Scrapbooking blog to check out some more inspiration from the DT and to enter your interpretation for the challenge. Don't forget to share your entry on our Facebook page HERE.

Cheers

Fiona xx

3 comments:

  1. I have that mask & used to use it all the time...must dust it off! These colours work sooo well with your pics....& that flow from L to R....it's just perfection!!!;) LOOOOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful, the colors look great together, fabulous textures and love the circle mask too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love your layout for our challenge this month!!! You rocked the palette! X

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx