SATW July Moodboard Challenge

I'm always keen for at least one challenge each month and this month my favourite comes from Scrap Around the World. Their Design Team each month create and host a moodboard for the monthly challenge and this month Tusia Lech has put her talents together and created a beautiful board for inspiration.

Here is my take on it.


And here is the moodboard. It's such a light and bright collection Tusia has put together. I immediately thought of my sons beautiful girlfriend, Kendall. She is such a breath of fresh air. Her smile lights up a room and warms my sons heart which is all a mum can ask for her boy.


She has had some big changes career wise in the last couple of weeks and I felt that the quote Tusia chose to put on the moodboard suited perfectly. It is also a great attitude to have in life and one I think Kendall would agree on.

Recently, I've really enjoyed putting together process videos of my creations. I love the challenge of the editing (still improving with each video) and I love inspiring people.

Process Video


Some close ups and materials I've used.


The background paper is from Kaszazz's Vintage Flourish collection it's called "Jasmine Lee". I've stacked old book pages and old maps for my photo matt. I love to use old bits and pieces as much as I can. the maps have been selected carefully to represent the places Kendall has lived in her short life.


 I've added my title using 2Crafty Chipboard "Smile Loopy Font" word. I primed it in white Gesso and then coloured it using the Distress Inks.


The background is a combination of Heidi Swapp Color Sprays and stencilling with Distress Inks over the Triangle's stencil from Crafters Workshop.


Embellishments include some paper scraps, a potty girl from Calico Studio, some little Prima flowers and a Kaszazz floral embellishment.

I hope you've enjopyed my quick little run down of this page. If you want to see how it all comes together then scroll up and click on the process video. it can also be found in the tabs along the top of my blog.

You can find more of my videos HERE and you can follow me on Facebook HERE.

Thanks for popping in.

Cheers

Fiona xx






18 comments:

  1. Well, it's a winning entry in my book! LOOOOVE the sewing over the papers & the map pages & that little cluster of micro beads AND that title....YUM!!! Just soo beautifully proportioned.....am I waxing too lyrical....are you embarrassed yet????!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did I say LOOOOOVE this one????!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahaha Lizzy your beautiful compliments would never embarrass me. You only ever manage to float me up onto my very own magically soft cloud of confidence xx

      Delete
  2. Woah Fiona what an awesome layout - Lizzy could be right! Beautiful work - thanks for playing again at SATW!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page Fiona, love watched your creative process...Thanks for joining us at SATW!!!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marilyn. I'm so glad you enjoyed the video xx

      Delete
  4. What a terrific layout! I love all the masking you did on the background and your eye for fine detail like those micro beads! It all adds up to one gorgeous page. She looks like a sweetheart with that smile. Job well done! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work as always! I do so love your videos...thanks to Sandra for pointing me in that direction over on facebook! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula. I'm so glad you enjoy them. I love making them :)

      Delete
  6. Kendall's photo is so full of joy!!! I am so happy I could inspire you with my moodboard :) Thank you for playing along with us at SATW this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tusia. Your moodboard was beautiful to play with xx

      Delete
  7. Wonderful page! Thanks so much for playing at Scrap Around The World !

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG this layout is awesome love the tutorial.....That picture is great too!!! WONDERFUL inspiration LOVE.... Thank you so much for playing with us this month at Scrap Around the World hugs Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome layout, dear! I'm in love with your project! Thanks so much for sharing with us at SATW!!!

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx