13@rts July sketch challenge

I finally got around to ordering some 13@rts papers. I am so impressed with them. They are as good if not better than what people have said. I didn't get all of the ones I wanted probably because I didn't get my butt into gear quickly enough with my order but at last we can get them in Australia now that Sassy Scrappers stock some of their products. Now I just need to get some of the paints!! and some Mists!!! and some inks!! and ........ WELLLLLLLLLLL pretty much the whole lot!!

So anyway, what better to do with 13@rts papers than to enter a 13@rts challenge. And so I did! Here is my interpretation of Aida Domisiewicz's sketch for July.


Here is Aida's gorgeous sketch. I've flipped it to be longer (so to speak) on the right hand side rather than the left. It's just lately, I've been trying to work from right to left on my LO as I find I'm very Left to right orientated. It's this thing I do now thanks to Lizzy Hill (xx Lizzy). I'm getting much better at it but unless I do it consciously, I work from left to right every time!


As is with my addiction lately, I've created a process video. I am just loving creating these videos. In this one, I do make a very quick cameo appearance at the start to show you exactly how excited I am to have received these papers. It's very quick and if you blink you'll miss it but I am getting a little bit braver! Before you know it my annoying voice will be commentating over the top!!


The background paper I chose is from the "Timeless" collection. It has the best water mark clocks on it and it's called "Perfect Moment". I also used a sticker from the "Timeless" collection to create my title "One Moment in Time".


I've also added some butterfly's as a requirement of the challenge. Easy peasy for me, because I LOOOOOVE butterfly's.


I've coordinated a combination of Prima embellishments including the resin frame, white clock, little light bulb and some flowers as well as used the Prima Circle Stitch stamp on the background. The little Potty People are wood veneer from Studio Calico.


Tim Holtz gets a look in too with his bubbles stencil and dots stamp along with my all time favourite butterfly's from his "Papillion" stamp set.


I would have to say this is currently my favourite LO and it just goes to show, that when I'm super excited about products I create super dooper pages! Well I love it anyway hee hee.

Thanks for popping in and checking out my 13@rts challenge piece.

Cheers

Fiona xx





12 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout, love the blue and black together! Loved the video too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lizzy. So glad you enjoyed the video. I really love putting them together.

      Delete
  2. Sooo get why this is your fave LO.....think it's my fave of yours too!!!! I'm a blue girl through & through - although I don't often scrap with it [go FIGURE!!! Haven't done the deep psychological analysis on THAT one, LOL!!!}......I'm soooo sorry [tongue firmly in cheek] that I've 'affected' your scrapping in 'that' way, Heeheeeeeee....evil Lizzy influencing your thoughts!!!! ANyways....it works a treat, how you did this one....never had 13Arts papers......still trying to use up what I've got, though, so I'm pretty proud of RESISTING too much new stuff atm [note I didn't say ALL new stuff!!!!].....sorry for raving........& looking forward to a few quiet moment to watch your vid:):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahahahaha I know, I'm a bit slow on the uptake with the purchasing of 13Arts stuff. I'm only new at this remember! And your influence is a good one by the way xx Blue always works for me too.

      Delete
  3. Fiona, this is F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S! I just really love this one, love that photo (so pretty) and all your paints and textures, really amazing! Yes I LOVE 13 arts! I love it all, my favourite are the inks and mists, the colors are rich and deep, I am really wanting the new Fly Away collection really badly and the new pastel mists that just came out....yum! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are so sweet! I saw you are on the 2Crafty team as well, congrats! You know I love your work....and your videos are great! I am really wanting to try to make a video.....any tips? LOL take care, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thank you so much Lisa. You know the feeling is mutual, I love your work too. Aahhh video tips ......... my big one would be get familiar with your editing software (I use Windows Movie Maker). Editing can make or break you! I have some days I feel like throwing the laptop out the window lol The only other tip I would give is "Just do it!". You really can't go wrong and it's like your scrapping, the more you do it the better you become at it. I'm so excited to see what you come up with xx

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful video. You work is outstanding and its so nice to see how the you created such an amazing layout. Makes it look so easy but for some of us that aren't that arty it gives us inspiration to try something new and step out of our comfort zone. Thank you again, Carol Deal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely words Carol. I'm so happy that my work inspires you to have a go at something new xx

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous layout like always Fiona!!! Thanks for playing along with us at 13@rts this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anna xx I am officially addicted to 13@rts products now that I've tried them! lol

      Delete
  6. LOVE this Fiona!!! Your projects always amaze me, and this one with 13@rts products is no less stunning. Love that video you've created as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's a really awesome layout and useful video! It's great that you had fun playing with 13arts' products. Thanks for joining our challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx