123 Challenge Blog July Challenge

Every month I'm on the look out for a challenge that stretches my creative muscles. This month I was drawn to the 123 Challenge Blog July challenge. I love that they incorporate three elements into each challenge. I find that I can often manage two easily but that third one always gets me!

Here is my take on it.


And here is the challenge.


I also put together a little process video.


The word "Awesome" I use ALL the time (probably a little too much). I use it to describe awesome people I meet, awesome projects I see and awesome techniques I learn. So that was an easy element to incorporate into this layout.


 I also love arrows, I use them lots on my pages. I think having a boy to scrap has given me plenty of practice using arrows, however, I don't limit them just to my boy layouts. I recently created a page full of arrows HERE and this time I added a bling arrow. Something new for me. When you watch the process video, you'll have a bit of a giggle as I procrastinate immensely on exactly where it should go.


The brights on the other hand!!! I don't often work with bright colours. When I do, I'm always pleased with the results. I have done bright layouts in the past HERE and HERE but that's about the total of it lol. So the colour scheme was a bit of a challenge.


I began with the brightest piece of paper in my stash I could find. It happened to be a piece from Kaszazz's "Fella's" collection. It's called "Wood Grain" but only because that's what's on the flip side. On this side is a beautiful vibrant pink and fuschia chevron pattern. I teamed it up with some Graphic 45 paper from the Ole Curiosity Shoppe collection. This one is called "Mercurial Masterpiece". Again I used the other side of the paper. I think I'm attracted to "B" side patterns!


I used my Dylusions Ink Sprays but not as sprays this time. I stencilled some paint splats onto the background. I've tried spraying with this stencil before with not much success, so I'm really pleased how this turned out.


I also used the Dylusions to colour my texture paste which is not something I've done much of before either. A page of firsts for me! I'm really liking the additional colour it adds as well as the texture.

This page was heaps of fun to create and I hope you enjoy the process video. You can watch it directly from this post or you can visit my YouTube page HERE. All of my videos can also be found in the tab up the top of my blog.

Thanks for popping in and checking out my bright fun page.

Cheers

Fiona xx

8 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! love the brights you got going on, and thanks for the video too..loved watching it.. and thanks for joining in at 123 challenge blog this month too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK...you asked for it....here it comes.......what an AWESOME take on the challenge - those colours are awesome...the bg awsome-er & even better, that blingy arrow...it's the awesomest bit of all [GIGGLES!!!!!]....& writing this comment was awesome fun, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahahahahaha you crack me up. Thank you Lizzy xx Your comments always make me smile :)

      Delete
  3. Well the word 'AWESOME' certainly fits with your creations! I never fail to learn something new when I watch one of your videos, love what you did with the dylusions ;) Stunning layout...thanks for joining in over @ 123 this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Paula. So glad you like the video too xx

      Delete
  4. Really love your mix of colors. Beautiful! Thanks for playing with us @123.xxx Merry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I just love your LO. The colors are awesome :) Loved the vidio too. Thanks for joining in at 123 Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx