SIWA July challenge "Vintage"

SIWA Vintage Theme


Over at Scrap it With Attitude this month our talented DT member Wendy O'Keffe has chosen our theme for the month "Vintage". This is not a style I often dabble in so for me, what a wonderful challenge.

This is my take on it.


This is a photo of my beautiful mum on her 2nd Birthday riding her new tricycle.
We had a bit of a giggle about her qualifying as "Vintage" when I showed her the layout which then developed into a moment of story telling about what she remembered of her childhood. My mum was born during the Second World War and didn't get to meet her Father, my Grandfather until she was almost 3. She remembers the moment vividly. She recalled feeling afraid of him and getting a smack on the bottom for not wanting to give him a hug. Oh how times have changed.


The background paper is "Sun Chaser" from the Kaisercraft Paradiso collection. I gave it a coat of White Gesso and edged it with Distress Stain "Vintage Photo" and "Walnut Stain". Perfect vintage colours.


I've used the Kaisercraft "Art of Life" sticker sheet from the Photo Friendly collection to embellish the page. it's a wonderful selection of little frames, numbers, butterfly's, old film roll and much more.


Some of the papers I used were also Kaisercraft from the Vintage Timeless 6X6 paper pad as well as some pages from some old books. The butterfly's are also Kaisercraft from the Timeless collection sticker sheet.


Before I layered the paper and embellishments and after the Gesso was dry, I added some swirly drawing with my black fine point sharpie. The stamped butterfly's are Tim Holtz along with some of his "Film Strip" ribbon.


The black frames are a stick on velour called "Fancy Frames" from Jenny B Collection. I love how they just pop on the page. The flowers are Prima along with the little wooden clock that I've coloured red with Distress Ink "Festive Berries".


I used white drawing ink for the first time on this layout and I'm really happy with the depth of it's colour and how it dries on the page.

I hope I've helped inspire you to enter the challenge over at SIWA. It's a fb based challenge sight that anyone can enter and the prizes are always awesome.

Thanks for checking out my layout.

Cheers

Fiona xx


1 comment:

  1. I like this - sort of modern vintage [if that can be a category!!!].....I don't use film strips much, but I ADORE them on pages [go figure!!!].....& your Mum looks SOOOO serious with the bike! And I'm glad times have changed, really, too:):)

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx