Scrap Around the World May Mood Board

Happy Birthday Scrap Around the World!

It's been a little while since I posted, been a tad busy this month ;) But I always have time to join in with the Scrap Around the World monthly challenge. Seriously ...... this month, if you don't get on board you're NUTS!!! The prizes are astronomically amazing and Helen Tilbury, has created the best Celebratory mood board EVER!.

So this is what I came up with.


And here is the Mood Board that Helen created especially for the 1st Birthday Celebrations over at Scrap Around the World


Love the colours, love the glitter, love the macaroons, love the balloons, especially LOVE the SHOES!!!
 I WANT THEM!! 
So seeing the shoes were definitely an influence for me (I would SO wear these to a party!!) I decided that the shoes would be my inspiration. I love the bows on them and the colour is stunning. I've always loved that soft pastel vintage mint (I have a whole board dedicated to it on Pinterest!!)


The background paper is from "Glitz Design" it's simply called Polka Dots and it has these little tiny black polka dots over the whole page. it's adorable and perfect for the 1950's vintage theme I was hoping to create. I used Gelatos on the background and added water. So easy to achieve a beautiful water colour background using this technique.


I painted some Word Circles Set 2 and Circle Revolution Frames from 2Crafty Chipboard with black Gesso and punched out some circles from coordinating paper scraps. The little bows I made from material scraps. I also decided to use circles for the main feature of this layout to represent the balloons from the mood board and because you can't have a celebration without balloons!!


I added the word "Seriously" from the Amy Tangerine "Plus One" twins Thickers. The two together created the title "Seriously, Tons of Fun" which is exactly what should be the priority of any party! The photos I've used are of my daughters table setting for her 18th birthday last year. Her theme was "High Tea" and they had such a great time.


You know I could go on forever describing what I did and the stamps I used but luckily ....... I made a process video. LOL



Sit back with a cuppa and enjoy. I think it only goes for a little over 12 minutes but it shows the process I've used and some of the products and techniques incorporated into the layout.

Thank you for popping by and checking out my challenge entry.

Cheers

Fiona XX








10 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture and gorgeous page! Thanks for playing with us at Scrap Around The World!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one absolutely rocking layout Fiona! Oh how I wish I had a hand in the judging this month as this is one serious work of art!! Thanks so much for playing & for all your lovely words ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another stunner! The bg is fab & love how you've got that 50s vibe going.....& most of all, my FAVEST bit (call me quirky) is that BOW... I want one!!!! ADORE your page. I'd give you the winners prize, too, if I could;)!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty page. The background is just perfect. Thank you so much for playing along with us at SATW this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally loving your layout WOWSERS <3.....I'm with Helen on this one! Thank you so much for playing with us this month at Scrap Around the World hugs Amy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job with the Mood Board! Your background is fabulous you did a great job with your gelatos! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! Really, it is!
    Thank you for playing along with us at SATW! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love everything in this layout! Enjoyed watching your video is see the creative process! Thanks for joining us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!! Gorgeous layout!!! I love the design!
    Thank you for playing at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously love this process video! TFS Fiona :)

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx