Guest Designer at Kreative Koncepts

Kreative Koncepts Sketch No# 25

I never get tired of Zeneva's sketches over at Kreative Koncepts. Her ability to stretch your creative rubber band is incredible. I hope she likes my interpretation of her sketch. Here it is.


And here is the sketch. I have to admit, when I first saw it I had a little heart attack. It looked so daunting. But then I broke it down and processed what it was I could see in this design. My eye kept being drawn back to the circles. So this is where I began.



I used Kaiser Crafts 12x12 "Ledger" from the Timeless collection. It has this awesome Sudoku pattern on the flip side. Love it! I covered it with Gesso to give it a washed out look.


I created some different sized circles using some Kaiser Craft 6x6 paper from the Kaleidoscope range. I'm really in love with these papers at the moment.


I added some paint circles using what ever I had lying around. A toilet roll, a thin cylinder and the lid of my water spray bottle.


I stamped over the whole lot when I had finished with Kaszazz stamp "Inspirational background". The modelling paste I'd used to cover the little wooden hearts with, must not have been completely dry. This one (above) was in exactly the right place, because as I randomly pressed the stamp down, the word "grow" hit it smack bang in the middle. Now if I'd tried to plan that ..............


The colour is really hard to depict in the photos. Here it looks more fuchsia than bubble gum but if you've ever used the Bubble Gum Gelato stick before, you'll know what kind of pink I mean. It is in actual fact florescent pink!


I do love using this product. I just scribble on my page where I'd like some colour and then add water. 
Ta-Da instant watercolour background. 

Thank you for popping over and checking out my Guest Designer piece for Kreative Koncepts. I hope it's inspired you to give the challenge a go.

You can follow me over at FaceBook HERE to keep up to date with my crazy creating!

Cheers

Fiona xx



4 comments:

  1. you are seriously blowing me away with EVERY layout you do! Absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this one! yummy texture and amazing use of colour even if just pretty much one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Beck. It was an awesome sketch to play with. I think the Gelato stick took over! lol but it turned out really well. It's amazing how many shades you can get out of those things!

      Delete
  2. You have EXCELLED yourself with this one...totally amazagobs...& that 'grow'...how perfectly placed is that???!!!!!! Gorgeous girly grunge happening here...YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lizzy xx This one just worked! Seriously, it's Zeneva's sketches. They are awesome!

      Delete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx