SIWA May Moodboard and Video Tutorial

Love you Mum xx

Hi sharing with you my DT piece for Scrap It With Attitude. It was my turn to pick the theme this month and I thought seeing it's Mother's Day soon, I'd prepare a moodboard to inspire members to create a special piece for their Mum. Here is my take on it.


And here is the Moodboard I created for the month.


My mum is a beautiful person. She is such an adventurer. She always has been. This is a photo of her in the Miss Australia Quest in 1965. She raised the most funds of any entrant in South Australia. I think she should have one the over all title, but I suppose I'm probably biased lol!


There are so many layers to this layout that it would take me hours to explain it all. So I decided to make a video tutorial to show you how it all came together.


I went a bit crazy with the water colour this time.


but I really wanted to incorporate the right colours into the layout.


It all came together in the end and I think the colour scheme really compliments the black and white photo. you can see my tutorial HERE or in the tabs at the top under "My Tutorials".




4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Chantal. This one's a bit special, being of my mum and all. So glad you liked it xx

      Delete
  2. wow, this is amazing! im'm going to add your blog to my feed not to miss any of your creations <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh.My.Goodness. This is beyond beautiful girl!!!!!! Just so incredible, love love this background, the photo and those colors! Fabulous! I am in love with your moodboard, I might play along with this one! ;) Lisa

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx