Scrap it with Attitude April challenge

Reuse/Recycle your scraps

This month over at Scrap it With Attitude we're asking our members to use their scraps to create a project and enter our April challenge.

This is my DT inspiration.


I decided to have a go at some Art journalling. I've been checking out some techniques and testing them on my layout's but I hadn't actually attempted a journal page. Until now. I decided to title it "Take Risks" because that's exactly what this was. A risk. My journalling says "If you win, you'll be Happy. If you loose, You will be wise". I love this quote. I reckon it's right on the money and I've always been a bit of a risk taker!

Here's how I put it all together.

I gathered some of my scraps together and shredded them into strips.

 I used Distress Ink and rubbed several bright colours over my circle stencil then applied modelling paste with my dots stencil over the top.
 Then I gave it a couple of sprays of Dylusions Ink for good measure and to get some drips!
 Then I began gluing down the strips. It was at this point that I decided that the strips looked like hair and remembered I'd purchased some face stencils a while back but hadn't used them yet.
 So I got one out (of the packet. Hadn't even opened them!) and positioned it next to my strips. I used black Gesso to paint the face in.
 When I pulled the stencil away, I was gob smacked. It looked so much better than what I could have ever imagined.
I added some more colour, some stamping, stencilling and a few embellishments and then I had to sit on my hands!!!

I think I'm going to really get into this. I've always struggled at being a minimalist scrapper. Always putting heaps on a page. Art journalling will cure that disease! I'll be able to vent my over doingness into my Art Journalling.

YAY!

Thanks for popping by and checking out my risk taking LOL I hope you enjoyed it.

Cheers

Fiona xx

4 comments:

  1. Looks totally fabulous...thanks for sharing your process:):):) And it IS a fun thing to do, I reckon:):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lizzy. Love your encouragement xx and yes I'm definitely addicted! Ive decided it's a great place for trying out new techniques and then transferring them on to my layouts. That's my excuse anyway lol

      Delete
  2. Love this one babe, great photo dets for the punters.... im sorta kinda felling a bit stalkerish now... alert! your blog is heading to my toolbar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol not stalking. I love hearing from everyone. Thanks for popping by and enjoying what I do xx

      Delete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx