OUAS April sketch challenge

OUAS

I've been so busy with other DT bits and pieces that I haven't had a chance to enter the Once Upon a Sketch challenge for a couple of months but when I saw the sketch and journalling theme, I made sure I found the time to enter. This is my take.


Here is the sketch and journalling theme.


"An event that changed my life"

Love! Falling in love is what changed my life. It was a long time ago now but never a day goes by when I don't give a thought of how much I love my man. We will celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary this year in October. But our journey together started when we were just teens. In fact, I've now got to the point where I've spent more of my life with him than without him and now, I can't image what life was like before we got together.



I've been a bit addicted to the "Kaleidoscope" range by Kaiser Craft lately. I've used this to create this layout. The background paper however is from the "Take Note" range but also Kaiser Craft. The sayings on it are perfect!




I also used a Studio Calico mask blended with "Spun Sugar" Distress Stain to create a fan shape over the water colour background.



Even though I've used the journalling strip from the Kaiser stickers, I've also added my own journalling on the back.


I've decided I don't scrap "us" enough. I'm always busy looking for pictures of the kids or places we go. From now on I'm going to try and take some more selfies or maybe I should call them us-ies lol.

I hope you've enjoyed my take on the challenge over at Once Upon a Sketch.

For updates on my blog posts, you can follow me on FaceBook HERE.

Cheers

Fiona xx





8 comments:

  1. Stunning layout, love ur masking work, very creative. Journaling is beautiful and touched my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! So happy to see you with us over at OUAS.....I have that little mask! It looks fabulous on the bg here, & I really LOVE that flower cluster on the left.....& weird, isn't it, to be WITH them longer than you've been alive WITHOUT them...but nice!!! Really lovely page...And if you haven’t already done so, you can link this to our Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page for a chance at our special FB prize! I would love to win it myself, but alas! Impossible!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful and I love your journalling here. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah this is a lovely layout and a great thing to scrap. Lovely photos and I love the pink misting on the background page...The flowers and that wing look wonderful. Thanks so much for playing along with us at OUAS this month. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful page Fiona. Love the colours and the journalling. Thanks for sharing your page with us at OUAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful fresh lo!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at OUAS this month

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous page Fiona! Love those details!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning page Fiona!! One of my favorite! Thank for playing witg OUAS:)

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx