Two Challenges in One

Subtle Changes Over Time


I decided to combine two of my favourite scrapbook challenge sites. Firstly;

Alexandra Polyzou Γειά σας a DT member over at Scrap Around The World from Greece, has created the softest, pinkest and prettiest mood board I've ever seen!


I always think of my baby photos when I see this pale pink used and I felt a black and white photo would suit this colouring beautifully. Then I realised the layout suggested to use three photos. 

Conundrum! Do I use three baby photos? My baby photos are not the best quality, only the studio ones and I don't have much to choose from. Then I had a brain wave.

 I remembered I had an old high school photo I'd found while cleaning up some stuff the other day. It was B&W and would match the baby photo well. So all I needed was a NOW photo. 

My DT photo for Off the Rails Scrapbook Challenge Blog is also B&W. There you go, the perfect trio!

Looking closely at them, I noticed I haven't really changed much over the years. Just got bigger really. So there was my theme "Subtle changes over time". which also fits perfectly with the Japanese Cherry Blossom and it's subtle changes over the season. 

And secondly I was inspired by;

The very talented Zeneva Kovic, Sketch Artist, Team Co-ordinator and blog host over at Kreative Koncepts (formally known as ScrapFriends) once again produced an amazing and challenging sketch.


I flipped it. As I usually do and yes Lizzy, I know. I must start challenging myself to scrap from right to left and not just left to right. lol. Maybe next one hey?


So much background work in this piece. I started with a layer of white gesso then added water colour and allowed it to dry overnight. The next day I wiped off the dry gesso from the centre of the page leaving a distinct "L" shape and a splash of colour in the top right hand corner. I wish I'd taken photos now, it left a really cool effect.


 Then I layered strips of torn book pages along the "L" shape and up in the feature corner, then covered them in white gesso, then stamped and rolled and added some more water colour on top, then stamped some more until I was finally happy with it. And then after coming back to it from allowing it to dry ....... I added some stencilling with modelling paste. But that's all. Honest. LOL


I finished it off by adding some bling, washi, buttons, twine, chippies, doilies, cheese cloth and a few paper flowers. then of course the title. This page took me ages! and I loved every minute of it (well mostly). Can't wait to see what's put up for the new challenges over at Kreative Koncepts and Scrap Around the World in April.

Cheers
Fiona
xx

12 comments:

  1. LOL!!! Now you know I READ your blog posts!!! And yes, you must...but guess who else flipped it this way this month *winks*.....loooove your take - the b&w pics alongside the pink really, really pops...& LOVING your embellies on the left side of the page:):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahahaha I had to give you a special mention as I giggled and thought if you the instant I flipped it. I had better hop over and check yours out now Xx

      Delete
  2. fabulous texture on this LO!! thanks for playing at SATW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just been looking back thorough your work as I haven't caught up for a while. All I can say is Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeously pretty! Love your interpretation of the sketch with all your beautiful layers and details. Thank you for joining us at Kreative Koncepts - always love having you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zeneva. You know I can never pass up one of your sketches. Just in the nick of time too!

      Delete
  5. FABULOUS PAGE WITH SO MANY AMAZING TECHNIQUES!!!THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHARING IT AT SATW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your background work on this one! absolutely fab take on both our moodboard and Zeneva's sketch. Thanks ever so much for sharing this beauty with us at Scrap Around The World!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous page!! fantastic textures....Thanks for joining us at Scrap Around The World!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all of this, and there is SO much to love. Such lovely little clusters and vignettes and it all works well together. Especially how you flipped the sketch! Thanks for sharing and playing at Kreative Koncepts / Scrap Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness this is splendid!! Thanks for playing at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just saw this beauty at Scrapfriends, how gorgeous! Love how you used those three photos, really great idea and your design here is amazing, really love all the textures and colors xo

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx