1 2 3 get Scrappy April Challenge



I love it when I discover new challenges. I was catching up on my blog reading when I came across Lizzy Hill's entry for 1 2 3 Get Scrappy. As per usual, Lizzy had done an awesome layout for this challenge and as I was reading I found the 123 formula where you can choose three from a sort of bingo card idea. It immediately appealed to me. So while I was camping this weekend, I created this.



As you can see below, the options are almost endless. I ended up going with the top line because I loved the idea of incorporating clouds into my layout.


NAKED CHIPBOARD
For this part of the challenge I chose Um WOW studio cogs and a polaroid frame. They are totally naked. This is the colour they come in. I love the brown tone that Um WOW have for their chippies and this worked really well with my photo.


CLOUDS
I incorporated clouds two ways into my layout. Firstly I had some cloud paper that I tore a strip of and glued to the top of my 12x12 background pieces then covered it in white Gesso. I wanted to create a light fluffy sky like appearance so I also covered the whole page with modelling paste applied unevenly with a spatula.

The second cloud element is the clouds! These are kaiser Craft wooden embellishments that I've covered with modelling paste to look light and fluffy.


USE CHALKS

I haven't used chalks in years! I simply forgot I even had them. The ones I used are from Kaszazz and they worked a treat around the edges to age the paper. 







I love this challenge. It was very thought provoking. Thank you Lizzy for introducing it to me xx

And here is the photograph of my "studio" on the weekend. I'm hoping that "Scramping" will take off in the Scrapbooking Community. It is so much fun and really easy to do. The outdoors is the best way to find your creative mojo.


Lake Lascelles Hopetoun Victoria

As Anastasia Ika Saniscara Dewi posted on fb the other day -

♥ iF You aRe HaViNG TRouBLe GeTTiNG iNTo CReaTiViTY .. GeT ouT iNTo NaTuRe ♥

Fiona XX


12 comments:

  1. Love your scamping photos Fiona and, as usual, you've produced a stunning layout. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. such an awesome layout!!! Glad you found us and joined in at 123 Get Scrappy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I like this "challenge technique" - will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL.....oh, yeah.....I be the challenge queen....I'm not a camper by any shot of the imagination --- but I reckon even I could cope with scramping....BRILL name:):) Glad that I helped inspire this BEEOOOTIFUL page....stunning...& the outdoors really 'speaks' on it...those clouds...DIVINE:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is soooooo cool! Thanks so much for joining us at 1-2-3 Get Scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH WOW this is absolutely STUNNING, love the layering and texture and design of the page. Just beautiful, I am so glad you found us and decided to join in on the fun, thanks for playing along with us at 123 Get Scrappy

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! love everything about your layout! I'm your new follower and Thank you so much for playing with us at 123 Get Scrappy! Have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning layout!!! Love this!! Thanks for joining us at 123 Get Scrappy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! Your layout is stunning! Love all the textures and the little details - soooo beautiful!
    Thanks for playing with us at 123 Get Scrappy. Hope to see you playing with us again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy yummy textures and details on this layout! Off the charts! Beautiful job! Thanks for joining us over at 123Get Scrappy! Hope to see you back again for our next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for sharing with us at 123 Get Scrappy! This is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is just so beautiful. very awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx