WW1 April Challenge

Mint

Over at White With One this month they have "mint" as their challenge colour. I can't say I've ever used mint in a project, so again this was a daunting challenge, but a challenge is a challenge none the less. I hunted high and low in my scrap room to find all the mint I could.




I found a mint flower. This was my starting point. I had some white ones as well that I coloured with mint Reeves acrylic paint. I noticed the packaging that the white flowers came on was a beautiful Mint colour so I decided to use this too. I cut banner strips out of it and edged them in white Gesso. I also added some chipboard pieces that I coloured with white Gesso and a canvas tag I coloured using the reeves acrylic paint watered down. 


 I also added some book pages tags that I tore from the book. Destructive I know, but worth it. I am constantly searching thrift shops for old books and bits to use in my scrapbooking.


The back ground is watered down acrylic Reeves paint over a stencil background. This time I used one of Tim Holtz's stencils "Bubble". I also speckled some watered down Black Gesso.


I love the soft colour of mint especially married with white. Good call WW1.


Another awesome challenge from WW1. They truly stretch my ability to create. Every time I think it's going to be a disaster of a colour for me ....... it turns out better than ever.

Oh and this was another "Scramping" piece. We have been spending the last couple of days camping at Black Cockatoo Bush Camp for Easter. A beautiful setting to inspire creativity.


Thank you for popping by and checking out my blog.

Cheers

Fiona XX

10 comments:

  1. its awesome babe , your details are always interesting , scramping seems to work for you .

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic! Scramping sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely sensational....it's amazing how you can 'find' colours even if you think you have none! Love the dripping down the page design...& the scramping looks pretty neat, too:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic and if it wasn't for the photographic evidence LOL I wouldn't believe you did this while camping! Wow! Its just sensational! I so look forward to seeing what you do with next month's colour at WW1!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! I just love it! Thanks for joining us at WW1.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning layout, great photo as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh Fiona you've blown me away again!
    Gorgeous work!
    and LOVE that you did it "scramping"
    very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow love your textures and layers with those charms..... and love your camping set up BTW. Thank you for playing along with WW1

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just LOVE your layout Fiona!! Absolutely stunning. Loving all of those fabulous banner strips. Really look forward to seeing what you come up with every month. Thanks for playing along this month. :-)

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx