Scrap Friends December Sketch Challenge

My Boy & My Girl


Scrap Friends December Sketch Challenge was AMAZING! I mean have a look at it! It's got everything. Texture, shape, character and circles, lots of circles. I had an absolute ball playing with this one. I'm so excited to show you my take on it.


And here it is. My Boy and My Girl!


The colours came out really well. I love turquoise and it worked really well combined with a soft pink and orange. The stamp I used to emphasize the circles was Prima's "Stitch Stamp". I love this stamp. You can get it in circles, lines, squares, rectangles and ornate rectangles. I think I'm going to have to get them all!
Here are some close ups. The colour is a bit off, it looks more blue than turquoise, because of the way my camera seems to interpret blues and greens! The first whole page photo above is a pretty close colour match. I just wish you could all see it in real life. It's one of those pages that looks so much better in the flesh.
The patterned paper is an old piece from a Creative Memories freebie pack. It's perfect! It's not something I would normally look at purchasing when browsing for papers. I always wonder how different a page could have turned out when I find myself using a paper, colour or embelishment I wouldn't have normally bought. I need to learn to buy outside my comfort zone maybe.
The back ground layer is Reeves acrylic "Deep Turquoise" blended with white. The highlights and touches of colour are from Perfect Pearls Mists "Blue Raspberry", "Mandarin" and "Interference Red". I've also used some Dylusions Ink Spray in the "Calypso Teal" and Tim Holtz's "Peacock Feathers" Distress Stain to do some SPLATS!
I've added some Potty People from Um Wow Studio. I love their chipboard pieces.

And I made my own little signs for My Boy and My Girl.


The little girl and boy I made out of shrinky dink. I printed an image straight onto the paper from my computer, cut it out and shrank it in the oven. So cute.



Thanks for checking me out. If you want, you can follow my blog updates on my Facebook page. Follow the link HERE to pop on over.

Cheers

Fiona

5 comments:

  1. I'm TOTALLY in love with this page......!!!! TOTALLY IN LOVE !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly AWESOME!! The colours, those 'little people', the circles...I really, REALLY love your interpretation of our Scrap Friends challenge - so glad you played along:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colours and fabulous details! Super layout! Thank you for joining us at Scrap Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just sensational. I love your mix of circular elements, the many colours and the pics look perfect in there. Love your page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Fiona, you so rocked this challenge! LOOOVE your page!! this is fabulous! thanks for playing along with us at SF :)

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx