123 Challenge Blog

Metalics with Joy and Bows


I love Christmas. I mean really which scrapper doesn't? But it's a busy and tiring time of the year and unfortunately the scrapbooking gets put aside for Christmas catch ups, extra shopping and for some unknown reason, manic house cleaning duties! So this challenge from 123 Challenge Blog came at just the right time for me. I've had to stop, sit down and create. Just what I needed, and look I made a card. I know! A card! I hardly ever make cards. But here it is.



 The colour, word and technique, I felt, lent itself perfectly to a Christmas card. I cut out two Reindeer from the Tim Holtz collection from chipboard. One is covered with up-cycled music paper which I glued on before I sent it through my "Vintaj" Big Kick. I used two cut outs so it would really pop out of the card.


I tied a little gold bell around his neck with a piece of red twine to incorporate both metallic and bow into the card.


I added the word "Joy" also with some little red twine bows to include the final requirement. 


The back ground consists of a Carved Ornament cut from another of Tim Holtz's dies. Then layers of patterned Christmas themed paper, some woven raffia a chipboard star a tiny felt snowflake and some Christmas Holly. Finally a little bit of stamping and it was done. Seriously, it took me almost as long to complete as a 12x12 page normally would. I really need to practice my card making!

I have given it to a dear friend (No pun intended!) who, every year makes me the most beautiful Christmas card with out fail. I hope this little gesture brings as much joy to her Christmas, as the pleasure of creating it has to mine xx

Cheers

Fiona



2 comments:

  1. Wow! You've certainly managed to fit a LOT onto that card! Awesome job! Thanks for joining in on the fun in this busy month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card (and a lucky friend!) Thanks for making the time to play along! Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx