Guest Designer for January at Scrap Friends

Guest Designer

What an awesome opportunity to be a Guest Designer over at Scrap Friends. I absolutely love their sketch challenges. The layouts are always brilliant and this one was no exception.



Being Christmas, I was under the pump a little to get this one completed and I have to admit it's not exactly as I'd planned but I still like it.


Turquoise and red would have to be my favourite colour combo for anything Christmas orientated. There is no "theme" with this sketch but seeing we've just had Christmas and I've been in festive mode for a couple of weeks now, I thought it would be fun to scrap me at Christmas time.


The mixed media on this page is not done any justice by the photographs! There is virtually layer upon layer of paint, watercolour, texture paste, washi tape and stamping in this background. It was so much fun!

I used Indigoblu rubber stamps A6 bubbles background for the first time. I think this is going to be my fav for a while! Put it this way, I'm already devising a way to use it on my next layout.

The chippies are from Um Wow Studio. this time I've used plain mini Polaroid frames and gear mash I felt there was no need to colour them as they have a beautiful rustic look about them just as they are.

Pop on over to Scrap Friends and under the "challenges" tab you'll see sketch #21. Give it a go, It's heaps of fun to do.

Cheers

Fiona


4 comments:

  1. Love this! So fun and festive!
    www.kitchensinkcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The background you have created is amazing, stunning work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic texture and layers! Thank you for being a Guest Designer for this month's challenge at ScrapFriends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow look at all those layers! this layout is amazing! Absolutely love that chrissy photo too. It was such an awesome sketch to have fun with and push to add extra layers in. I love what you have done, lots happening but your photo still shines!

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx