A Little Canvas for 7 Dots Studio

Hello! I'm  here with you today to share a little canvas I have made using the 7 Dots Studio "Fortune-teller" collection.


I collaged some of the paper scraps I have and some of the die cut elements onto the background with a gel medium and then gave it a light brush over with white gesso and some black carbon water soluable pencil.



I love the shadow effect it gives with each piece of the collage. Next I layered up some goodies to created a focal piece. I simply used more scraps and a couple of tags from the 12x12 piece. I grunged them up a bit with some ink and gesso and added them with a strong glue and cardboard in between to lift each layer.



The finishing touch was to add some distressed cheese cloth, some splashes of colour and a gorgeous "Dream Catcher" chipboard piece from the Um Wow Studio range that compliments the Fortune-teller collection.


I hope you have enjoyed my little canvas piece. I will see you all again very soon.


2 comments:

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx