Two Little Tags for 7 Dots Studio


Hello I'm here with you today to share a little tutorial I have done for you over on the 7 Dots Studio Blog showing you how I created this set of tags using the oh so pretty "Homegrown" collection.

I used a tag template to trace around and cut out two tags from the "Attic" paper. i will use one side for one tag and the other side for the other tag.



Using some gel matt medium, I glued down some of the Homegrown chipboard from UmWow Studio and then placed some tissue paper over the top and secured it in place with some more matte medium over the top.



Once it was dry i gave it a little coat with white gesso to assist the pattern to show through the tissue paper.



With a black water color pencil, I drew around the outside of the chipboard shape and then added water. this gives the chippy a smoky appearance and a lovely grey shadow effect.



With a stapler i added some twine cut to look like reeds or dry grass on the bottom of both the tags and I also stapled on some actual dried buds from a little bush we have in our yard.



As a little feature on each tag, I decided to add a circle from the Element stickers. I chose the "Homegrown" one and a red poppy one. I stuck them onto some card and then trimmed them. I also added some more black pencil around the edge and then added water to activate the pencil. I mounted them with foam tape and placed some cotton underneath.



With a black marker pen I added a border to the tags. I drew some stitching lines all the way around the outside of each tag.



To finish it all off i wanted to add some real life leaves. So that they stay fresh looking and don't crumble away as they dry, I use gel matt medium on them to give them a "plastic" coating. It helps to keep them fresh looking and not be so fragile as they age.



I leave them to dry over night so they are ready to add to the tags the next day. I love these little tags. 



 It all comes together really well.



They will look adorable on a card or in my art journal as a feature on a page.



I think the addition of the real leaves and the real buds make it so fresh looking and compliment the "Homegrown" collection perfectly"



I hope you have enjoyed my little tutorial. I'll see you all again soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx