Guest Designer Over at More Than Words for October

I am beyond thrilled to have been asked to be a guest designer over at More Than Words this month. The inspirational word they have chosen for the month is "Change" and the creative element is "Ombre". This is what I created.


And here is the inspirational panel from More than Words.
My creation today is based around my handmade ombre background. I have a link to the tutorial so you can learn how it came together and maybe give it a go yourself.

 I styled my layout on one of my favourite designs that I fondly refer to as "The Elephant". With the ombre I felt that it suited it perfectly, the way it cascades down the page just like the colours do. 

Here is the video tutorial on how I created the Ombre background.



I believe change can be a funny thing. On the one hand we need to change to be able to move forward in the world but on the other hand there are some things I really don't like having to change. In general I'm ok with change. I work in an ever changing environment and like to keep up with current trends so change is inevitable and I manage it well but when it comes to some changes in my personal life, I find myself struggling. The changes that have occurred so quickly right in front of my eyes. 


My children growing into young adults. They have grown up way too fast and although this change in life, from child to adult, I know is so important for them, it is really hard for me to let them be "grown ups". I am still practising how to let them go. 



I have got better but every now and then they remind me "Mum ...... it's ok I've got this".  So I titled my page "Never Change A Thing" but journaled around the design with words that encouraged their growth such as "change is always a good thing" and "Change makes us stronger". A very conflicting page but I think it has been good therapy for me to remember that it's ok "They've got this"

You can find the challenge details HERE

Until next time xxx

Product list:

13@rts
Water color Ink -  BlackAmber Yellow and Pink
Stencil - Swirls
SPLASH! Inks - PinkWhiteGlitter Pink
Ayeeda Mists - Chalk FuchsiaPastel BerryPastel Pink

Um Wow Studio Chipboard
Potty People
Potty People Mash

Viva Las Vegastamps
Invoice Background


6 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!! That glue stick .......
    I am so disappointed ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowsers Fiona, this page is one of my favourite from you ever! Thanks so much for sharing that awesome ombre technique and also how you built that incredible page! I love everything about it - the colors, the sentiment, the scribbles, the little glittery people, outstanding xox (I just saw on facebook where a fellow scrapper 'scraplifted' one of my designs, which I take as a compliment, so I'm wondering if you wouldn't mind me trying out 'the elephant'?) lol hugs, Lisa xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lisa. These commemts coming from you mean so much to me xxx Of course you can scrap lift my "elephant ears" deaign .... it's not an original idea I just happened to name it LOL xx Can't wait to see what you create with it!!!

      Delete
  3. Fiona - beautiful page and design - and lovely photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Fiona, this page is stunning! Thanks for the video, really very good to watch (and learn). Al those little details make a beautiful and intelligent background for the lovely picture. ' Letting go' can be difficult, but I've started to really enjoy my son as a grownup, a good person, that's a gift. And ... from the early years, we stil have the pictures ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patries thank you so much xx and you are right we do still have all of our memories and photos. I'm so glad you learnt some things from my video. Thank you for popping by.

      Delete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx