My last OTR post A Card for my Mum xx

Hello loves. Well it's the end of my time with Off the Rails Scrapbooking. I just wanted to share one more inspirational piece for you along with a little tutorial to go with it.

I have spent the last two years here at OTR helping out with admin, coordinating a team, creating moodboards and sketches and drumming up sponsorship for you guys ..... our amazing members! With out you all it would have not have been so cool!

But alas, everything must come to an end eventually and although I've absolutely LOVED my time here at OTR it is time for me to step down.

So for my final encore, I've made a card (Yeah I know ANOTHER ONE!!!! it's because it's Mother's Day) using this months Mood palette. The colours didn't excite me at first but once I got into it the project just flowed beautifully. Let me show you .......

This is my finished card


and here is the mood palette



I began with a piece of card stock I had added some water colour effect too a long time ago (just playing around) and then I never actually used it. The colours just happen to be perfect for the current challenge!


I stamped up a wood design background stamp (this is a newy for Kaszazz LOVE IT!!!) and using some "Weathered Wood" Distress ink I stamped the background and then trimmed it to size. Then I edged it with the same Distress Ink.


A little bit of preparation on some layering pieces. Some corrugated cardboard and an old book page before I begin to put it all together.



I then added some colour by spraying 13@rts chalk mist and Tattered Angels Chalk spray to coordinate with the colours on the palette.


Some more trimmings to create some layering. 
Material, cotton and some patterned paper. Now it's all coming together!


I wanted to feature the dragonfly from the mood palette, so I printed it off on photo paper and cut it out to create my own embellishment.


Using florists wire that I coloured black using an alcohol ink marker, I twisted them to match the picture so they would look the same.


Finally I mounted the dragonfly with foam tape and glued the legs securely into place on the top of the card.


And here is the final piece. This card came out so much more beautiful than I ever could have imagined it would, so I'm going to add a little title on the front that simply says "Mum" with the words inside. "Thank you for helping me spread my wings and teaching me to fly". Perfect for Mothers Day ... don't you think?


Again a final farewell from me for Off the Rails Scrapbooking xx

Cheers
Fiona xx




2 comments:

  1. So sad you are leaving OTR, but you have do what's right for you.
    I absolutely adore this card Fiona, so beautiful. Thanks for sharing the technique.
    Happy Mothers Day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. More than beautiful or suitable - suitably sensational! Sad about OTR.....but 'for everything there is a season....etc'.......& man! Talk about going out on a HIGH.......that dragon fly is the piece de resistance.....& the wires! WOW! Do you think I like this one? Just a little? HAHAAAAA....you may be right. And clever you posting on mother's day for mother's day......& finally....have a WONDERFUL mother's day!!!!

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx