123 Challenge Blog Guest Designer


I was delighted when I was asked over at 123 Challenge Blog to Guest design for their May challenge. The elements were exciting! and the colour is not one I would call a "go to" for me so even better still (I love a challenge!) and seeing it's recently been Mother's Day, I decide to make a page of my mum. 

The word "Baby" obviously influenced my photo choice greatly! The sepia tones of the photo worked beautifully with the "Beige" colour requirement and the banners just fell into place like they were meant to be there! Don't you just love it when that happens?

So this is what I created.

"This Baby"


And here is the challenge combination.


Some close ups.


I used a little brown paper bag as an embellishment along with some calico and lots of stamping.


A sprinkle of Indian Ink in the dark brown and coffee helped to accentuate the beige in the background and on the banners.


Some simple lettering stickers for my title. These are both available from Kaszazz.


I couldn't go past using some old book pages!


I thoroughly enjoyed this challenge and again thank you 123 challenge blog for inviting me to Guest design.

Thank you for popping in.
Cheers Fiona xx

6 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful! Lovely take on the criteria!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love old book pages. I collect them. I never use them!!!! So glad you do :))))) And loving the linear lines of your LO....fabulous photo, too.....& the 'baby' in the title.....YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So different seeing you use beige, as you always have colour. It is a beautiful layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful that you have such a precious photo. Love the subdued tones and the earthy feel to the vintage look. Perfect for a Babe "grounded" in outside in nature. Thanks for the inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous mixed media page! Love every details you used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful!! Love the layers and colors...

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx