Happy Mothers Day xx and My first 2Crafty Share for May

Hello everyone! Welcome to May. I love May in Australia. To me May is all about soup and scones, late Autumn mornings and Mothers Day. One of my favourite months of the year.

I'm here to share with you today my first 2Crafty Chipboard May share.

My first piece is an unusual one for me.

Wait for it ........

It's a CARD!!! I know right??? Weird but you know, with mothers day and all, it's nice to give a hand made card so ........ I flapped my hands a little and cursed the tinniness of it all, gritted my teeth and went for it. This is what I got!

"Day Dream"

 2Crafty Chipboard products used
"Leafy Rounds"
"Sharon's Butterflies"
"Polaroid Frames"
"Anthea's Butterflies"



The centre piece of the card are the two layered butterflies. One from "Anthea's Butterflies" and a smaller one from "Sharon's Butterflies"


I decided to use complete artistic freedom with this! I splattered acrylic paint, sprayed sprays (Heidi Swapp, Lindy's Stamp gang and Dylusions) and added glitter and beads to all the chippy pieces. You can see the "Polaroid Frame" just poking out of the top and bottom of the centre feature.


I made sure I covered the whole thing with glitter before the mediums I used had dried. This ensured that the wings of the larger "Anthea's Butterfly" got some nice sprinklings.


The "Leafy round" sits perfectly in the background behind the butter fly combo topped off with a little one of "Sharon's Butterflies".

Seeing I'm not normally a card maker because the littleness of it DRIVES ME INSANE! I'm actually ok with this creation. I think because I actually treated it more like a mini canvas than a card. See it's all in my head!!!

Thanks for popping in and if you're a mum ....... I hope you have a super awesome day xx

3 comments:

  1. A card!!!!! LOL It is beautiful Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sooo cute. Deffo a mini canvas card, heehee!!! LOOOOOVE the layers & the butterfly and that glittery bumpy mass of MM. Totally YUM!!! This could be the start of another type of scrappy journey...... I ADORE making cards! This too, may be you .....if you don't tear all your hair out from frustration first;) Course, the advantage of that is no grey hairs.... oh, I'm sorry...totally dribbling on. Been a big chocolate eating day & it's obv getting to me;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fiona,
    Your card is gorgeous, but I thought it was a small canvas when I first saw it! Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx