My 3rd 2Crafty Chipboard share for May


Back again today with my final piece for my May 2 Crafty Chipboard shares. 
It is my tribute to two very kind, wacky and lovable ladies that I have had the privilege of getting to know over the last 12 months, thanks to being involved in scrapbooking. 

I have NO IDEA what is happening in this photo. I stole it from Facebook but I just had to scrap it because I love it so much!

"These Crazy Chicks"


Now .... I need to tell you something about this creation.
I painted the background using Dylusions Inks (I just dip my paint brush straight into the bottle) and then I TORE IT IN HALF! Yep ..... The red strip you can see down the middle is a piece of coloured paper BEHIND the tear!
I simply stapled it all back together!! and trimmed the edges of course to bring it back to a 12x12" size.

Gosh it felt good!!! I'm definitely going to do that again!

2Crafty Chipboard products used

"Mini Fast Forward Arrows"
"6" Messy Square Frames"
"Skeleton Leaves"


Arrows would have to be one of my most favourite "go to" pieces of chippy and the "Mini Fast Forward Arrows" are no exception. Don't let their size fool you! They may be little but they make a massive impact on a page!


Something new for me, are these "Skeleton Leaves". I wasn't sure what to do with them at first but after a bit of playing around, I think I managed to get one right! LOL


I'm having lots of fun with these "6" Messy Square frames" too. I love how they frame your photos perfectly. I feel they really draw the eye to the focus of the layout.


All of the 2Crafty Chipboard pieces on this creation were painted with black acrylic paint. I really wanted then to stand out against the two contrasting colours and the fresh white background.

So that's me for another 2Crafty Chipboard month. I will see you all again with more creations in June.

Thanks for popping by.
Cheers Fiona xx

4 comments:

  1. Fiona,
    What a pretty layout! You have an unending supply of awesome layouts - I love the colors and the adorable photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! Such a fun photo and love the vibrant colors on your page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous - fun & funky.....& chevrons/arrows......LOVE em! Those frames are pretty gorgeous, too:):) Love your paint bg ripping idea.....bit of errr.....nore fun??!!!!!! It works to perfection here....really draws the eye in:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this vibrant and funky page Fiona. Just look at those happy gals goofing around! I wonder what they were doing??? Such fun - thanks for the memories :D

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx