My Second 2Crafty Chipboard May Share

Today I share with you my second 2Crafty Chipboard piece for May. I have to say this one is my favorite this month. I've experimented with an arty hibo style and I really love the way it's turned out.

"Wings"

I have so many amazing artists that influence me. This time I was inspired by the lovely Kate. Her blog is extravaganza-design. Her messy, bright, chunky designs tick every box for me. I love her work.

2Crafty Chipboard products used
"Heart Silhouettes"
"Dreamcatchers"
Marianne's Butterflies"


The "Marianne Butterflies" are an absolute favourite of mine. They are just the right size and have a very elegant look about them. I simply covered them with some Tarnished brass Distress Stain and they cam up all shiny and beautiful!


I also can't go past using a little heart every now and then. These "Heart Silhouette's" are jsut the right amount of love with out being over the top. I painted this little sweet one with black acrylic paint to help it stand out a little bit. 


Lastly I've use one of the "Dreamcatchers" from the new range. I LOVE these little gems! I will certainly be using more of them on future projects! To colour this one, first I gave it a dry brush of black acrylic paint. Just the lightest touch. Then I dabbed it into a white Stazon Ink Ink pad to give it a washy affect and finally I added some tarnished brass Distress Spray.


The background paper is from Kaszazz. I love the pattern. It's a bit baroque and grungy all in one. The special selfie on this layout is of Lou and I at the end of E2C. I've titled my piece "Wings" because Lou gives me inspiration to spread mine. If you look really closely, you'll see I've incorporated some actual moth wings into to layout. I was on retreat the other weekend just out of Bordertown and all around the property were these beautiful wings. The moths they had once been attached to were no where to be seen but they had left behind their beautiful silk wings. I couldn't help myself *shrug*

Thank you for popping in.
Cheers Fiona xx












1 comment:

  1. LOL..of COURSE you picked up the wings!!! Porquoi pas, eh!!! And I thought you'd been influenced by Lou...... I must go check out Kate's style now! Really like those little photos and the sort of 'bouquets' of embellies hanging from them. Brill!!!

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx