Scrap it With Attitude September Challenge

September, September, September. Why are you here already???
Concerning isn't it?

Well a new month, means a new challenge over at Scrap it With Attitude and this month the theme is Die Cuts. I work for a chipboard company (2Crafty Chipboard) so I don't do much in the way of die cuts. But I do have them ...... I have a fair few actually and the lovely Beck BT over at Scrappy Chat Designs often encourages me to use Spellbinders dies in the kits I design for her, which is exactly where these dies came from. (Thank you B. BT!xx)


I decided to create a journal page for my inspiration this time. I love to use journalling as a way of practising techniques. To create the background I cut out a set of Spellbinders "Pierced Circles" 


and used them as a mask over the background placing them down randomly and spraying with one colour, moving them around and spraying them with another colour and so on until I'd covered the whole page. I kept the two bigger ones clean to form my Dream Catcher circle. Once the background was dry, I added blended Black Soot Distress ink through the TCW "Spinning Tops" stencil. 
Next I cut 4 sets of the "Feathers on the Wind" and coloured them with water colour pencils.


Once I added the water they softened up and the colours blended together beautifully. I hung them from the circles with black cotton and wrapped some more cotton around the circles giving it a dream catcher look.


I also stamped some feathers onto the background behind the die cut feathers. These ones are my favourite feather stamps. They come from Kaszazz. I finished the page off with a die cut word "Today" from TCW and some chippies to say the word "Dream". See had to get some chippies in there somewhere LOL!


I love the bright colours from the Dylusions Ink Sprays and how they contrast with the white on the page. This was such a quick and easy journal page. The fiddly but was stringing the cotton through the circles but the effect is definitely worth it.

Why not pop on over and see the other DesignTteam members inspirations as well and you might even like to enter the challenge. The Facebook link is HERE.

Cheers xxx



2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing!! I Totally LOOOVE your feathers & it really does look like a dream catcher:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this. Those feathers are just gorgeous. I agree that this would be a good way to try stuff out. I think I need to get started on mine. I has been sitting there forever :/

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx