Can I Do that??? Catie's Challenge

You all know I love a good challenge! and this one was no exception. Catie Kennedy has created an awesome challenge group called Can I DO That?. It's a challenge sight just for fun, no prizes, no accolades just a great place to stretch your creative rubber band!


The rules were "to create a page with plain white (or kraft) background - no paint, mists, gesso, texture paste, splatters of any of those ..... just plain! You can layer pieces of patterned paper under your pic/s but you can not use a piece of pp as your background. you can use whichever embellies you like, but there is no decorating or embellishing the background cardstock."


YEP!!! nothing!!! WHAT??? how was I going to do that? Well I did. It planned and thought about it for ages. I asked myself "How will I gain texture without texture paste?", "How will I add contrast without inks?".


So I gathered up everything I thought I might use and headed off to "Inspiration Day" with Pam Kuhn from Kaszazz. I figured I'd procrastinated long enough!


I ended up really loving this process. And by the time I got half way through it I found I had stopped reaching for the MM products. The biggest difference I noticed was not having to wait for drying! I hadn't realised how frustrating this was. I might have to do more of this style for my "quick grabs" that I find myself doing occasionally (usually due to not being organised and having deadlines to meet lol)


This is a photo of my beautiful daughter with her childhood friend "Mr Kittens". She went off to Uni this year and I miss her dearly. By the looks of this selfie she posted the other day, she misses us too ;) Mr Kittens was always her go to friend when she was a bit sad.

I've also noticed my camera has a dirt spot on it. I've cleaned it but it keeps appearing. It must be deeper inside the camera, so I'll have to send it off to get a good clean out I think.

Thanks for popping by. I hope you like my challenge page and I've inspired you to give it a go.

Cheers
Fiona xx


6 comments:

  1. I love this layout. I think that this is a style I am very comfortable with and it is great for a quickie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love how you've tackled this challenge Fiona. Your page is fabulous and you'd never know you 'struggled' with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Fiona! If this wan't on your blog I wouldn't have believed it was yours! But I still love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing! Love the clean background, and yes it is hard to just leave the background and not put just a few little splatters!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I loved it - there is so much texture and contrast. What a superb challenge idea and a fantastic take on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE this layout…which i guess is logical because i'm a clean and simple fan. It looks so fresh and beautiful. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx