Off The Rails September Challenge

OH My gosh! I can't believe it's September already!!! Seriously where has this year gone??? I just can't seem to fathom, that I'm posting challenge DT inspiration for SEPTEMBER. It'll be Christmas before we know it!

Over at Off the Rails, we have another awesome challenge with a mood palette. This is what I created.


And here is the mood palette.


My layout is of Luna Park in Sydney. A place where you can free yourself from all the worries of the world,  relax and have fun! It also has a carnival feel about it like the feathered mask in the mood palette.


The background paper is from 13@rts designed by Aida and is "Good Times" from the Timeless collection. Very appropriate I feel. It has a beautiful blueish grey tone to it. Perfect for the colour palette.


I added some coordinating water colours to the background, along with some modelling paste through a TCW stencil "Spinning Tops". I also added some plumbers tape or grid tape (I'm not sure what to call it) and some hints of gold drawing ink.


I combined some of the elements from the coordinating "All the Time" paper from the same Timeless collection. I've also added some cotton for texture and a piece of plastic netting that I had stashed away. I think it was a bag that held one of those shower scrubber thingies and a piece of soap as a gift. I use it to clean my stencils and just happened to keep the plastic netting bag it came in.


So there is a use for what seems like a very usless item. The bag that is, not the scrubby thingy. They are useful for all sorts of things!

Rambling now...... so I'll finish up. :)

Cheers xxx




10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful creation Fiona and love the way you write your posts too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen. It's always an honour when someone compliments you on your work but when I get a compliment on my blog content ....... that flips me over xxx

      Delete
  2. Teehee.....plasterer's tape....grid tape....who KNOWS!!! And shower scrubber thingies.....with you on that one, too...but the netting is such a lovely light touch.....the gold here is DELISH....& LOOOOVING the blues!!!! Just a wonderful page:):):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has many names ....... as do I at times ......!! but I do think shower scrubber thingy is the correct terminology .. Thank you for your beautiful comments Lizzy. You always make me smile. I look forward to reading your feedback every time xxxx

      Delete
  3. Absolutely stunning.... mesh tape works for me.... You are right it will soon be (that unspeakable C word :P) seems like I have just got over the last one and it is time again. They years are flying by too fast. ANYHOW... this is the most delish layout and I just adore the colour. The background is amazing I love it and the gold sits perfectly on it :D Fave for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Val and yes we won't count the days or we might just faint!!

      Delete
  4. woow i would like to do like this but ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Romain ...... you are very talented, never underestimate your ability. What YOU do is amazing and I often find myself saying WOW when I see your work xxx

      Delete
  5. Awesome Fiona , always a big fan of your work. Cheers Di

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Di and a massive DITTO I love yours too. I'm also a big fan. Thank you so much for your support xx

      Delete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx