Creative Scrappers Challenge Sketch #259

Sketch Challenge #259


When I saw this sketch challenge over at Creative Scrappers I knew it was one I wanted to have a go at this month. This is my take on the sketch.


This is their sketch #259. You can check it out HERE. There is so much inspiration on the blog. I always love to check out their blog.


 I like to do monthly challenges that actually "Challenge" me not just the ones that automatically appeal to my style. This one was so far out of my comfort zone! I interpreted the sketch along the lines of a "Project Life" kind of style, something I've never really attempted before.


I water painted 4 colourful squares on and went from there. I wanted to have the squares appear stitched together, like a quilt. But I don't own a stitch stamp so I had to get creative.


I have a stitch embossing folder so I tried this first using the raised edge as a sort of stamp but seeing it's plastic and not rubber, the ink didn't take to it very well. It gave a sort of zig zag stitch look but not enough for me.

So I hand drew the rest on around the outside of the squares and then I remembered I had a straight line stamp. So I added this sort of over the hand drawn stitches and it really looked effective. 


I tried to still use all the techniques I normally would with a layout. So there is stamping and stenciling all over the page but within the parameters of the squares.


Once I added all the little embellishments and the title I was really amazed at what I'd created and I'm already thinking of other ways I can create with this sketch.

Thank you for popping over and checking out my latest challenge.

I'm also on Face Book you can find me HERE
or you can follow me on Blog Lovin.

Cheers xxx Fiona

1 comment:

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx