123 Challenge January


I always enjoy the challenges over at 123 Challenge Blog. They are always really challenging! I love that there is three things to take into consideration. This month I decided to give a canvas a go. I've only ever done one before, my Tim Holtz inspired quilt look that I attached to a canvas. You can check it out HERE. As you'll see, it's not a true canvas creation, so I wanted to give it another go and when this blog challenge came up, I thought, Perfect!
 
So here is my take on the challenge. The saying "Be brave enough to LIVE life creatively" is exactly what I believe. I wrote the words on a piece of cardstock in a font to suit the style. The word LIVE is made from chippies that I painted black so it would stand out.


 
The colour was perfect for my sunset photo and incorporating the word LIVE and feathers into the piece just made it even more special. The clear epoxy circle up in the right hand corner, is the actual colours from the challenge. I printed them to remind me what the three challenge parts were and at the end of the creation, I was looking for just the right piece to place in that corner. I don't know what made me think of it but I popped the clear circle over the top, trimmed it and it made the perfect embellishment!
 
 


I used Faber Castell Gelatos to create the background. I simply scribbled the yellow and red randomly over the canvas and added water to blend it together.


I also added some Lemon Zest Dylusions Ink Spray to the background along with red and black paint splats along with watered down black paint stamped on with two different sized cardboard rolls to create the paint circles.

 
The stamped feathers are a Kaszazz stamp that I just adore and use as often as I can and the white feather is from the Prima Resin collection. I only use these on very special projects.

 
The cross hatch stamp is from Kaisercraft. It's called Arty. Another one of my favourites because no matter what I put it on, it looks good!
 
 
The texture was created by applying modelling paste over a Dina Wakely designed stencil from Crafters Workshop called paint lids.
 
 
I've dressed up the rest of the canvas with some red and black thread, a little bit of black painted cheesecloth, some clear epoxy circle stickers that I would normally use for charm making, the odd brad and gem and a cute little teabag tag that says "Stay is a charming word in a girlfriend's vocabulary". Which is just perfect as this will become a gift for one of my girlfriends.
 
I hope you've enjoyed checking out this project. I certainly enjoyed creating it.

Cheers

 

Fiona xx

7 comments:

  1. GREAT LAYOUT!!! just totally mind blowing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowee! - the background, the layers of texture and colour, the handwritten words, gorgeous feathers and the happy accident with the epoxy embellishment all come together to create a really stunning page and yet the star of the show is still that amazing photo - love it! Thanks for joining us at 1-2-3 this month :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing, love the colors and your back ground details are awesome.. love the feathers too.. and thanks so much for joining in at 123 Challenge Blog this month too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowsers! Fiona you have created one awesomely gorgeous, stunning canvas!! And I loooooove that quote!!! Your use of the printed colours with the epoxy dome is just brilliant! Uber well done!!!! I can't wait to see what you do with the criteria next month at 123!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Creative!!!! It's 100% abt your LO, fantastic work, especcialy background!!! thanks for joining 123 Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous layout!!! I adore your background, very creative & those layers! Those Kaszazz stamps are rather lovely, I'm enjoying them myself ;) Thanks for joining us over @ 123 last month :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fantastic layout, love the colours and everything on it. Given me some ideas now, thanks

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx